Samsung Focus Marketplace not returning results

Contributor

Samsung Focus Marketplace not returning results

Hello,

I got a Samsung-Focus recently. I was looking at the Marketplace and it stopped working for no apparent reason. I am wondering if I have a memory error; however, I don't know if there is a way to clear the cache. I heard on come phones the apps remain open until you close them and there is also an app that closes all apps. Does that pertain to me? hs

Message 1 of 7 (2,887 Views)
Guru

Re: Samsung Focus Marketplace not returning results

If you turn off phone and then restart, you will notice an increase in storage.

This seems to be the equivalent of "clearing the cache" in the WM 6 and 6.5

Message 2 of 7 (2,850 Views)
Contributor

Thank you...that corrected my memory issue at the time. I am not experiencing the same symptoms with an applicaton I purchased and used for a few weeks and it stopped working when I got an upgrade. I contacted the application vender but my gut feeling is that I still have issues with the phone. hs

Message 3 of 7 (2,481 Views)
Contributor

Sorry correction...I am now experiencing the same symptoms related to an application.

Message 4 of 7 (2,480 Views)

Marketplace Lag if that's what you are referring too from your phone?

I have experienced it where it sometimes goes to load the Marketplace then returns me back to my apps list...

I would assume it's their networks being hammered at the same time also could be how well your connection is or maybe even a combination of all the above! Hopefully the next update will remedy some of these situations! Am curious if iPhone users and Droid users have simulare issues.

Message 5 of 7 (2,392 Views)
Contributor

I've started having the same problem, as of this past Friday.  Everything was fine on Thursday, but now whenever I try to access the Marketplace or even the Music + Videos section, it returns me to the main screen.  In fact, when I try to watch videos that have been taken with the phone, nothing happens.  But my internet, text messaging, and phone work fine.  I tried asking Samsung, no reply.  I'm wary of resetting the phone.....would that reset all data, ncluding saved games, etc?

Thanks.

Message 6 of 7 (2,072 Views)
Highlighted

Message 7 of 7 (2,054 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.