Samsung Focus Mango Upgrade after Repair

Tutor

Samsung Focus Mango Upgrade after Repair

I sent my Samsung Focus, with Mango installed, into Samsung for repair.  I received my phone back yesterday but Mango was not on it.  I have been unable to upgrade the phone to Mango using Zune Software.  It always says "No Upgrade available" but it is on version 7.0.7392.0.

I have no idea on what to do now.  Called Samsung and they were worthless.

Message 1 of 5 (930 Views)
Tutor

Re: Samsung Focus Mango Upgrade after Repair

I did try the trick where you unplug the Ethernet cable and I just get a error.  Never get a chance to upgrade.

Message 2 of 5 (929 Views)
Master

[ Edited ]

If you're on 7392, you got a rev 1.4 Focus which doesn't have Mango release yet (taget for late Oct.). If you send in your phone to AT&T for warranty, they simply send you back a refurbished phone, not repair your phone and send back. But if you sent to Samsung, that's a different story

For rev 1.3 Focus which has the Mango released, the pre-Mango update stopped at 7390 unless Samsung loaded the 7392 for you. Not all rev 1.3 receives Mango yet. You can either patiently wait for your turn or use the trick posted above to force it.

Check your revision number on a label underneath the battery.

Message 3 of 5 (923 Views)
Tutor

I have 1.3 but the return unit uses 7392.

I did send it to Samsung for repairs, I would of thought that they would of returned a Mango "ready" phone if that is what I sent them.

Does the trick always work? I tried about 5 times, without success.  I would get an error or it would say that it was up to date.

Message 4 of 5 (899 Views)
Master

Yes, the trick always works but the timing is very critical. If you get an error, you pull the plug too early. If you get no updates, you pulled too late.

Message 5 of 5 (890 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.