Ask a question

Posted Oct 14, 2011
1:17:46 PM
Samsung Focus Keeps Shutting Off

I updated my samsung focus with the mango update and now when i press the button that turns it off by mistake it shuts off and after maybe three times trying to turn it on, it finally turns on. Today i turn it off by mistake and now it wont turn back on at all and when i take the battery out nd put it back in the samsung sign comes on and then it shuts right back off. some helpppppppppp me please idk what to do. By the way is anyone else having this problem?

Samsung Focus Keeps Shutting Off

3 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(3)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 15, 2011 5:22:05 AM
(0)
Scholar
Edited by pmt1209 on Oct 15, 2011 at 5:23:22 AM

shaniecejuel wrote:

I updated my samsung focus with the mango update and now when i press the button that turns it off by mistake it shuts off and after maybe three times trying to turn it on, it finally turns on. Today i turn it off by mistake and now it wont turn back on at all and when i take the battery out nd put it back in the samsung sign comes on and then it shuts right back off. some helpppppppppp me please idk what to do. By the way is anyone else having this problem?

Consider it a godsend and return it for a Galaxy S2 like I did after 9 months of Focus/WP7 lol..

Just kidding, well not really..  BUT have you tried restoring it back to it's previous version through Zune and see if that problem continues?? Seems like the easiest way to check and get your phone working properly again,  you can then do a reinstall of Mango and hopefully the glitch will be gone. 

Just remember to backup your phone before restoring so you don't lose anything you may need later.  Good Luck!!

Re: Samsung Focus Keeps Shutting Off

[ Edited ]
2 of 4 (4,381 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 15, 2011 10:07:48 AM
(0)
Tutor

lol thank you, well it can't turn on at all so i called ATT and they're suppose to be sending me a new battery because my old one won't charge at all so hopefully that works out & thanks again Smiley Happy

3 of 4 (4,369 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 15, 2011 10:54:35 AM
(0)
Scholar

Will it turn on if plugged into your charger??  For some reason AT&T Support is big on sending out batteries as a first fix.. If you have a AT&T Store close I'd  take the phone there and let them put a battery in, if it doesn't turn on when plugged in why would it turn on with a different battery.. Yes???  
My point is  you will be without a phone waiting for a battery, then if that doesn't work you will be without a phone even longer waiting for a replacement phone..  

4 of 4 (4,363 Views)