Samsung Focus Data Usage

Tutor

Samsung Focus Data Usage

Ok my brother and I both got the new samsung focus WP7 phones, he is in KS me in OH. We both are coming from android devices. I had a cap and he had the evo. I am used to monitoring my data so I asked him what his was just to compare, he has used 102 mb in the last 2 days. I was like Ok he is streaming, he says NO he isn't. I'm like yea OK right. Well mine was 68mb in one day. NO streaming at all, I am like OMG something is using a hellacious amount of data, just think if I did stream. Does anyone know if sometype of update or something that would cause that on a new phone first day out of the box, 68mb without streaming any type of music or video at all, just doing my email account texting and looking at the integrated FB(no streaming there either) account and weather bug. OMG!! my captivate would never use that and when I had the iphone it was impossible my phone bassically just sat all day with NO streaming. thanks

Message 1 of 21 (4,723 Views)
Professor

Re: Samsung Focus Data Usage

[ Edited ]

foxbat121 wrote:

You can setup Hotmail as Exchange server but the caveat is that currently EAS on Hotmail does not support HTML email.

The built-in Hotmail client already supports push email. All you need to do is change the schedule to 'as items arrive'.

Yes Foxbat, you have this one correct I believe.  I just wish they would use diffferent terminology than they used to use for polling.  But I believe that you are correct and 'as items arrive' is the new 'push' mail lingo.  Kudos point for you. 

And I do LOVE the new look of the WLM on the Focus.  The HTML mail is so nice compared to the old EAS through hotmail.

In fact, I just love the way everything looks on my new Focus!

Message 16 of 21 (3,254 Views)
Highlighted
Tutor

Well, from 10:48am Nov 8th until 12:07am Nov 10th, I used.... Ar you ready for this.. 614.69 MB Data!!!

All that data was while at work. I basically got paid to play with my phone on launch day. 

Thanks you for Unlimited flat rate plan AT&T!!!!

Message 17 of 21 (3,229 Views)

[ Edited ]

I want to and I am elegible to upgrade to a focus. I currently have a samsung blackjack 2. Can I keep the same plan/features and do an upgrade? If so where is the documentation that says I can do so?

Message 18 of 21 (3,210 Views)
Expert

chewbaca1111 wrote:

I want to and I am elegible to upgrade to a focus. I currently have a samsung blackjack 2. Can I keep the same plan/features and do an upgrade? If so where is the documentation that says I can do so?

you keep the same plan for voice -

as far as data goes

- if you have the unlimited smartphone data plan on the blackjack you will keep that

- if you have been using the blackjack since before a data plan was required and have none on the phone   then you will be required to add one of the capped plans (15.00 or 25.00)

- If for some reason you have a qmd style data plan on the phone, it will be removed and the correct capped smartphone plan will be added.

Message 19 of 21 (3,190 Views)

Where can I see my data usage by day? I know I can view the last month when looking at my account on wireless.att.com, but don't know how to see something more detailed.

THANKS!

Message 20 of 21 (3,134 Views)
Expert

robertk232 wrote:

Where can I see my data usage by day? I know I can view the last month when looking at my account on wireless.att.com, but don't know how to see something more detailed.

THANKS!

Usage and Recent Activity

View details

Current view - data

Message 21 of 21 (2,169 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.