Samsung Flight messaging issue.

Contributor

Samsung Flight messaging issue.

I don't understand my new problem. I've had my flight for a few months now and it's been nothing but good to me. A few weeks ago, it started acting odd with my text message inbox. For about 12 hours, I did not receive any text messages and had no idea why. I then cleared out my inbox (which was no where full) and started receiving them all. Ever since then, my inbox only holds 30 messages. My phone will say "Sim memory full" and if I don't clear it out, I wont receive anything. I've reset my phone, I've turned it off and on, and I've tried to to reset all my settings. I don't know what to do.

Message 1 of 9
Contributor

Re: Samsung Flight messaging issue.

Have you something to fix this? I'm just wondering because I am thinking about upgrading to the Flight.

Message 2 of 9
Contributor

I have not found any solution to this yet. It still does it, and it seems to be getting slightly worse.

Message 3 of 9
Mentor

I had a similar problem with a Nokia phone. I found that if I did a reset and clear of the device it fixed whatever seemed to be the problem. It would go away for a few months and then come back later.

Message 4 of 9
Contributor

I have this SAME problem. As an avid texter, I would certainly appreciate some feedback on this, if not a solution. Thanks.

Message 5 of 9
Contributor

I've had my flight for about eleven months, and it just developed this problem. no warning or anything, it just popped up. i deleted my whole inbox and now i receive messages, but now my inbox can only hold 30 messages and this problems shows again. I'm considering getting a new phone no matter the cost. This is very aggravating and im an avid texter, so i would like to be able to text without having to constantly empty my inbox. if anyone knows how to fix this please reply!

Message 6 of 9
Tutor

Probably a bit late but your phone is saving your texts to your SIM instead of your phone memory. That's why its limited to just 30 or so now. There's a setting in your messaging menu to change it back.
Message 7 of 9
Contributor

did you fix this!? it has been driving me crazy!

Message 8 of 9
Highlighted
Contributor

where is??? please help me!
Message 9 of 9
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.

Additional Support