Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Highlighted
Posted Mar 4, 2011
4:09:58 AM
View profile
Samsung Flight battery drains overnight
Edited by Marzipan24 on Mar 4, 2011 at 4:10:23 AM

I just got a Samsung Flight last weekend and it worked well for a few days. Now it still works find during the day. It holds a charge and stays on and alarms go off when they're set to. But overnight for the past 3 nights, my battery has died (which means no alarms). I charge it in my car on the way home and it says it has 4/5 battery bars when I go to bed, but when I wake up (late) it won't turn on. What is going on here? This morning I put it back on my car charger and it instantly went to 3 bars, but it had refused to turn on before this.

I just got a Samsung Flight last weekend and it worked well for a few days. Now it still works find during the day. It holds a charge and stays on and alarms go off when they're set to. But overnight for the past 3 nights, my battery has died (which means no alarms). I charge it in my car on the way home and it says it has 4/5 battery bars when I go to bed, but when I wake up (late) it won't turn on. What is going on here? This morning I put it back on my car charger and it instantly went to 3 bars, but it had refused to turn on before this.

Samsung Flight battery drains overnight

[ Edited ]
1 reply
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(1)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 4, 2011 3:22:59 PM
(0)
ACE - Master

Marzipan24 wrote:

It doesn't sound like a battery issue, honestly, to me. I think it's just that leaving the phone on all night dramatically drains the battery, so much that it completely shuts down. Even if you have three battery bars left, if you leave it on all night, it will be dead in the morning. If you have four battery bars, it'll probably be at the point of just dying when you wake up.

I know on my Mythic, when I had three battery bars and kept it on all night, it was dead when I woke up. There were even times when I had a full battery (and I thought I had turned it off...) and after no use at all for seven hours, it was completely dead. Wouldn't turn on or anything.

So leaving your phone turned on for a prolonged period of time really drains the battery. The solution I would recommend to you is leaving the phone (turned on) connected to the charger all night until you wake up to ensure that your phone will have a full battery when you wake up.

Cat Happy Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 Cat Happy

Marzipan24 wrote:

It doesn't sound like a battery issue, honestly, to me. I think it's just that leaving the phone on all night dramatically drains the battery, so much that it completely shuts down. Even if you have three battery bars left, if you leave it on all night, it will be dead in the morning. If you have four battery bars, it'll probably be at the point of just dying when you wake up.

I know on my Mythic, when I had three battery bars and kept it on all night, it was dead when I woke up. There were even times when I had a full battery (and I thought I had turned it off...) and after no use at all for seven hours, it was completely dead. Wouldn't turn on or anything.

So leaving your phone turned on for a prolonged period of time really drains the battery. The solution I would recommend to you is leaving the phone (turned on) connected to the charger all night until you wake up to ensure that your phone will have a full battery when you wake up.

:cathappy: Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 :cathappy:

Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: Samsung Flight battery drains overnight

2 of 2 (1,126 Views)