Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Oct 20, 2011
6:57:37 PM
View profile
Samsung Eternity unlock code provided att didn't work - worst care

I am travelling outside US and wanted to use local prepaid card. I called att to get the unlock code for my phone. The code provided by the agent isn't working, I get error message saying "phone is freeze deactivate fail". I followed every step as mentioned by the agent. I called so called customer care again to see if I can resolve this issue. Att stood that the unlock code is correct and asked me to call samsung. samsung checked my phone and said the code provided by att is incorrect. I called att and the guy in the other end said the code is correct and because there has been 5 retries so far, I can't unlock the phone anymore. Worst service from att ever...

I am travelling outside US and wanted to use local prepaid card. I called att to get the unlock code for my phone. The code provided by the agent isn't working, I get error message saying "phone is freeze deactivate fail". I followed every step as mentioned by the agent. I called so called customer care again to see if I can resolve this issue. Att stood that the unlock code is correct and asked me to call samsung. samsung checked my phone and said the code provided by att is incorrect. I called att and the guy in the other end said the code is correct and because there has been 5 retries so far, I can't unlock the phone anymore. Worst service from att ever...

Samsung Eternity unlock code provided att didn't work - worst care

1 reply
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(1)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 20, 2011 7:05:39 PM
(0)
Master

Whenever I call in for unlock code, I always ask CSR to repeat and verify the IMEI number for me. If they put in a wrong IMEI number, the unlock code will be wrong. And it has been reported in the past that it did happen. It looks like the same thing happened to you.

Whenever I call in for unlock code, I always ask CSR to repeat and verify the IMEI number for me. If they put in a wrong IMEI number, the unlock code will be wrong. And it has been reported in the past that it did happen. It looks like the same thing happened to you.

Re: Samsung Eternity unlock code provided att didn't work - worst care

2 of 2 (508 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments