Wireless Forums

Posted Nov 23, 2010
11:00:24 PM
View profile
Samsung Captivate wireless internet won't work

It's connected to wireless, all three arcs are lit up, my internet works perfectly fine, but when I open up the browser or any app that requires internet it says web page not available... what's the problem?

It's connected to wireless, all three arcs are lit up, my internet works perfectly fine, but when I open up the browser or any app that requires internet it says web page not available... what's the problem?

Samsung Captivate wireless internet won't work

4 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
Cancel
Submit
Replies
(4)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 24, 2010 7:42:25 PM
(0)
Teacher
Edited by wilbobs on Nov 24, 2010 at 7:45:27 PM

I am having a similar problem and I have tried to search and see if I can find a solution that works for me but so far no luck.  I just got my Captivate 2 days ago.  Have Verse with a 2wire 3800HGV router and I am not able to get internet access so far.

I am having a similar problem and I have tried to search and see if I can find a solution that works for me but so far no luck.  I just got my Captivate 2 days ago.  Have Verse with a 2wire 3800HGV router and I am not able to get internet access so far.

The phone shows that it is connected, checked the password, security key etc several times. The router page is showing that it is connected.  The security is set for WPA-PSK.  I have restarted the router several times, the phone, the broadband connection from the router page.

The phone shows that it is connected, checked the password, security key etc several times. The router page is showing that it is connected.  The security is set for WPA-PSK.  I have restarted the router several times, the phone, the broadband connection from the router page.

Re: Samsung Captivate wireless internet won't work

[ Edited ]
2 of 5 (2,554 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 18, 2010 8:56:43 AM
(0)
Contributor

I, too, am having this same issue. Shows that I am connected to my wireless network on my phone, but then the browser says "Web page not available." My e-mail still works, and my Facebook app. However, the FB app won't load pictures when connected to my wireless network. Help, AT&T.

I, too, am having this same issue. Shows that I am connected to my wireless network on my phone, but then the browser says "Web page not available." My e-mail still works, and my Facebook app. However, the FB app won't load pictures when connected to my wireless network. Help, AT&T.

3 of 5 (2,202 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 18, 2010 1:37:48 PM
(0)
Tutor

I had this issue while at school and the only way I solved it was to check the "static IP" option. It seems that the Galaxy S has an issue resolving IP addresses that are 10.x.x.x and I read that when the Froyo upgrade is available to us (if ever, laughable) it will take care of the issue. If you are having this problem with your home network, the IP address should begin with 192.x.x.x so therefore I am not sure if using a static IP address will help you or not but it is worth a try to see if it solves the issue. Good luck.

I had this issue while at school and the only way I solved it was to check the "static IP" option. It seems that the Galaxy S has an issue resolving IP addresses that are 10.x.x.x and I read that when the Froyo upgrade is available to us (if ever, laughable) it will take care of the issue. If you are having this problem with your home network, the IP address should begin with 192.x.x.x so therefore I am not sure if using a static IP address will help you or not but it is worth a try to see if it solves the issue. Good luck.

4 of 5 (2,176 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 18, 2010 2:04:09 PM
(0)
Teacher

Actually the Captivate won't connect to wireless unless its a WPA or WPA2 set up. Simply just go to your routers page through a browser. Your routers page is probably something like 192.168.xx.x something similar to that. Then make your security WPA or WPA2. This is all from memory but after i did this it worked like a charm. Also don't expect too much help from these forums. People usually only talking about software...no real technical support.

Actually the Captivate won't connect to wireless unless its a WPA or WPA2 set up. Simply just go to your routers page through a browser. Your routers page is probably something like 192.168.xx.x something similar to that. Then make your security WPA or WPA2. This is all from memory but after i did this it worked like a charm. Also don't expect too much help from these forums. People usually only talking about software...no real technical support.

5 of 5 (2,164 Views)