Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Sep 6, 2010
5:37:30 PM
View profile
Samsung Captivate suggested updates

Personally, I love my Samsung Captivate. However, I cannot ignore the fact that I feel that the Captivate has been crippled in some ways. I suggest an AT&T executive read this and consider these updates to the Captivate.

• Android 2.2 FroYo with Lag Fix pre-installed
  • Installation of applications from non-Market sources
  • FM Radio enabled if the hardware for it is still in place
  • 3G Mobile Hotspot
  • HSUPA enabled
  • GPS fix
  • ability to remove AT&T applications (or just offer them in the AT&T AppCenter section of the Market for those who want to download them)
These updates will make the Captivate a much better phone.

Personally, I love my Samsung Captivate. However, I cannot ignore the fact that I feel that the Captivate has been crippled in some ways. I suggest an AT&T executive read this and consider these updates to the Captivate.

• Android 2.2 FroYo with Lag Fix pre-installed
  • Installation of applications from non-Market sources
  • FM Radio enabled if the hardware for it is still in place
  • 3G Mobile Hotspot
  • HSUPA enabled
  • GPS fix
  • ability to remove AT&T applications (or just offer them in the AT&T AppCenter section of the Market for those who want to download them)
These updates will make the Captivate a much better phone.

Samsung Captivate suggested updates

1 reply
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(1)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 7, 2010 8:34:40 AM
(0)
Teacher

I agree!  I don't know about the Lagfix, because that's a mod, but for the other things, I agree.

There's no way they will let us remove the bloatware, though.  I'd be happy just to keep some of them from autostarting, especially since I've never used a single one (and never will).

I agree!  I don't know about the Lagfix, because that's a mod, but for the other things, I agree.

There's no way they will let us remove the bloatware, though.  I'd be happy just to keep some of them from autostarting, especially since I've never used a single one (and never will).

Re: Samsung Captivate suggested updates

2 of 2 (1,127 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments