Samsung Captivate "security" feature makes installing backups impossible.

Teacher

Samsung Captivate "security" feature makes installing backups impossible.

I got an early version of the Captivate - the day it came out. I had some problems that got me a warranty exchange (shutdown issues, mainly), so I went through the paces of backing up all my apps using Astro Pro and, to be safe, also with AppList. New phone arrives, I download Astro Pro and tell it to install my 100+ apps... and every single one of them gives me an error saying that for "security reasons" I'm not allowed to install apps not downloaded from the App Market. Never mind all of my apps did come from the App Market. It just won't let Astro Pro re-install them from backup... it considers it sideloading. Now, instead of an easy restore from the SD card I'm forced to re-download all of my programs from the Market. One by one. Awesome. Thanks AT&T. You are so losing me to Verizon when this contract is up.

Message 1 of 2 (699 Views)
Highlighted

Re: Samsung Captivate "security" feature makes installing backups impossible.

You are not alone.  With Verizon getting the iPhone and it being a WiFi hotspot so that it will be able to be used as a wireless modem, I'm sure there will be a mass exodus.  Maybe AT&T should listen to they're own slogan "Rethink Posible"

Message 2 of 2 (677 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.