Samsung Captivate not vibrating with notifications

Tutor

Samsung Captivate not vibrating with notifications

I haven't been able to get my Captivate to vibrate when a notification comes in - even for text messages which I thought would be easy to set up.  Tried all combinations of settings for but nothing's working.  Is it really not possible to have the phone play a sound and vibrate at the same time?

Message 1 of 10 (8,743 Views)
Master

Re: Samsung Captivate not vibrating with notifications

gmmc2 wrote:

I haven't been able to get my Captivate to vibrate when a notification comes in - even for text messages which I thought would be easy to set up.  Tried all combinations of settings for but nothing's working.  Is it really not possible to have the phone play a sound and vibrate at the same time?

Wait - is the phone JUST making a tone with no vibrate, or not making any notification at all? (Silent?)

Did you try going to "Sound Profile" and selecting "Silent"? (Which is the vibration setting.)

Cat Happy Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 Cat Happy

Message 2 of 10 (8,721 Views)
Tutor

Yes, it will only either make a tone or vibrate.  Only makes a tone if "Silent" is unchecked, and only vibrates if "Silent" is checked.  I would like it to do both.  There doesn't seem to be a setting to allow that.

Message 3 of 10 (8,709 Views)
Master

gmmc2 wrote:

Yes, it will only either make a tone or vibrate.  Only makes a tone if "Silent" is unchecked, and only vibrates if "Silent" is checked.  I would like it to do both.  There doesn't seem to be a setting to allow that.

Unfortunately, as with my Samsung Mythic, I do not think there is an option for that... Smiley Indifferent

Message 4 of 10 (8,684 Views)
Master

Which is particularly odd, because my lower-tech LG Neon DOES have the option to vibrate and play a ringtone.

Message 5 of 10 (8,683 Views)
Tutor

Will have to hope that the tone and vibrate functions get separated out in a future update - roll on Froyo.  Thanks for confirming I wasn't missing something obvious!

Message 6 of 10 (8,669 Views)
Contributor

If you want your captivate to ring and vibrate when you get a text go to your apps then select messaging then hit menu button then settings, scroll down to the notification settings section then select ringtone then check vibrate to also vibrate when notified. And if you want it to vibrate and play ringtone on incoming call go to main settings then sound and display then check phone vibrate then select a ring tone and it will do both when you get a call.

Message 7 of 10 (8,416 Views)
Contributor

I found this answer on android forums I didnt think it would work either but it did 

Step 1: Go to android market and download; Sound Manager 

Step 2: Press Menu > Vibrate Setting > Notification Settings > Select Vibrate Whenever Possible 

Message 8 of 10 (4,974 Views)
Highlighted
Contributor

My Samsung Captivate will not vibrate at all..rather my volume is on, my phone is on silent, or its on vibrate. No matter what it will never vibrate. I've done everything even put my vibrate intensity all the way up and yet nothing works.

Message 9 of 10 (3,796 Views)
Master

Madds14 wrote:

My Samsung Captivate will not vibrate at all..rather my volume is on, my phone is on silent, or its on vibrate. No matter what it will never vibrate. I've done everything even put my vibrate intensity all the way up and yet nothing works.

That's odd... Have you ever thought of taking it in for an exchange/warranty? If the vibrating issue is not too big of a hassle to you, I would just keep the phone. If it's more of a problem that you would like to be corrected, send it in to warranty.

Message 10 of 10 (3,787 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.