Samsung Captivate email problem

Samsung Captivate email problem

I purchased a Captivate this past Sunday, and I am mostly satisfied with it.  However, there are a couple of issues with it that bother me.

First, I have 3 e-mail accounts configured on it:  sbcglobal.net, gmail, and hotmail accounts.  Whenever I receive an e-mail notification I can read them with no problem, but if I delete them, I get another notification awhile later and they are still there.  It's as if the Delete button only deletes them off my phone, but not off the the e-mail account.  If I delete an e-mail and immediately thereafter do a Refresh, the e-mail pops right back up.  Any ideas on this?

Second (and this is a relatively minor issue), the soft keys at the bottom are not very responsive.  It seems that they go to "sleep" right away and need to be tapped twice, once to wake them up and then again to execute the function.  Is there any way to improve upon this?

Message 1 of 27
Professor

Re: Samsung Captivate email problem

I should have mentioned that this is coming from a Vibrant, not a Captivate.  But I think that this part is the same. 

Did you tap the email account to bring up the first screen in my previous posting?

Message 16 of 27
Scholar

yes, and what I saw I wrotwe down in my email...I do not see triangles anywhere

Message 17 of 27
Professor

I apologize for being slow with the responses.  I'm still trying to figure out screenshots!

It sounds like you are on this screen below:

If so, tap where the arrow is.  This should take you to the two screens that I posted earlier.

Message 18 of 27
Scholar

My screens are NOT like what your posting

One screen is:

General sync settings:

Background data

auto sync

BOTH ARE CHECKED

Manage Account

My email(google)

Facebook

Sync is on both are checked

When I click on my email account in Mgr account I see:

SYNC CONTACTS

SYNC EMAIL

SYNC CALENDAR

SYNC PICASSA WEB ALBUMS

Everyone of those is checked & sync..showing underneath each the correct date & time

Message 19 of 27
Professor

OK.  Sorry that I could not help you with your email concern.  It's weird how the Galaxy S phones are different on something that seems like a core functionality.

Message 20 of 27
Professor

One more thing, have you tried the directions shown here?  The next to the last screenshot has the account settings option that I think that you need to change your settings. 

After this, I promise to stop bugging you!

http://www.wireless.att.com/answer-center/main.jsp?t=solutionTab&ft=browseTab&ps=solutionPanels&loca...

Message 21 of 27
Scholar

ok, I deleted my gmail account as per instructions on the link u provided. Do I try putting in my gmail account again? thanksSmiley Happy

Message 22 of 27
Professor

Yes, go ahead and add it back.  Once you get it added back, go into email>menu>accounts.  Long press on the gmail account to get another menu to pop up. Select account settings to see if the option for Amount to Synchronize is there.  Let me know what you find.

Message 23 of 27
Scholar

eted it, then added it back. I am not sure what u mean by long press on gmail. this account is  just called email on the bottom of the phone screen, the actual gmail icon in applications worked fine, it was the email account on the first screen that never upsdated and kept getting error messgaes, hopefully its ok now.

Message 24 of 27
Professor

I hope that everything is OK now, too. 

I would probably have to be in person and not over the Internet to show you what I mean by long pressing on GMail.  If everything works fine for you, I won't push the suggestions anymore.  If you do have any problems, maybe they can help you at the AT&T store.  Some of these things just work better when I can be hands-on with the device.

Message 25 of 27
Scholar

Trust me! the help you gave me is way more.......................then at any AT & T store...thanksSmiley Very Happy

Message 26 of 27
Highlighted
Professor

You're welcome!

Message 27 of 27
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.

Additional Support