Samsung Captivate (data & msg plans Rate & tethering?

Contributor

Samsung Captivate (data & msg plans Rate & tethering?

okies, i tried searching for answers and i cant come up with anything. I have a samsung eternity now, and my plans are unlim msg & data for only $30. but when i asked a sales & a customer rep they cannot help me. I have been on this plan forever.  I am due for an upgrade which i will upgrade when the Captivate comes out.  Does anyone know or can explain if i upgrade to a Captivate, will the msg or data will change? And i always tether on this phone. Will i love all my ability for the Captivate?

Thanks

Message 1 of 5
Expert

Re: Samsung Captivate (data & msg plans Rate & tethering?

As long as ATTM does not classify the Captivate as a smartphone then you will not lose the unlimited data and messaging that you have now, if they do classify it as a smartphone then you will have to select either the $15.00 200 MB data or the $25 2GB data package, and unlimited messaging would be an addition $20 on top of either of those charges.
Message 2 of 5
Contributor

i think it will classify as a Smart phone based,,I am not sure. all i know it is an Andriod phone...2Gb data is nothing to me as i can go through that real quick...

Message 3 of 5
Scholar

Read the post pinned by Caretaker.  If you have an unlimited plan on your smartphone, you will NOT lose the plan if you upgrade to another smartphone.

Message 4 of 5
Contributor

Samsung Eternity is not considered a SmartPhone... but the Samsung Captivate is...from what i know so far i would lose my Unlimt Data & Msg.

Message 5 of 5
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Are you looking to upgrade and activate your device?

Let us help make Ordering, Upgrading and Activating easy!

Additional Support