Samsung Captivate (data & msg plans Rate & tethering?

Contributor

Samsung Captivate (data & msg plans Rate & tethering?

okies, i tried searching for answers and i cant come up with anything. I have a samsung eternity now, and my plans are unlim msg & data for only $30. but when i asked a sales & a customer rep they cannot help me. I have been on this plan forever.  I am due for an upgrade which i will upgrade when the Captivate comes out.  Does anyone know or can explain if i upgrade to a Captivate, will the msg or data will change? And i always tether on this phone. Will i love all my ability for the Captivate?

Thanks

Message 1 of 5 (2,891 Views)
Expert

Re: Samsung Captivate (data & msg plans Rate & tethering?

As long as ATTM does not classify the Captivate as a smartphone then you will not lose the unlimited data and messaging that you have now, if they do classify it as a smartphone then you will have to select either the $15.00 200 MB data or the $25 2GB data package, and unlimited messaging would be an addition $20 on top of either of those charges.
Message 2 of 5 (2,871 Views)
Contributor

[ Edited ]

i think it will classify as a Smart phone based,,I am not sure. all i know it is an Andriod phone...2Gb data is nothing to me as i can go through that real quick...

Message 3 of 5 (2,866 Views)
Scholar

Read the post pinned by Caretaker.  If you have an unlimited plan on your smartphone, you will NOT lose the plan if you upgrade to another smartphone.

Message 4 of 5 (2,825 Views)
Highlighted
Contributor

Samsung Eternity is not considered a SmartPhone... but the Samsung Captivate is...from what i know so far i would lose my Unlimt Data & Msg.

Message 5 of 5 (2,823 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.