Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Dec 7, 2010
1:05:20 PM
View profile
Samsung Captivate can't delete pics in gallery

Hello--I was hoping someone could help me figure out how I can delete images that are in my gallery.  they were not taken with the camera but believe were brought in via bluetooth, but I am unable to delete them from the gallery--any ideas?

Thanks,

Kerri

Hello--I was hoping someone could help me figure out how I can delete images that are in my gallery.  they were not taken with the camera but believe were brought in via bluetooth, but I am unable to delete them from the gallery--any ideas?

Thanks,

Kerri

Samsung Captivate can't delete pics in gallery

12 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(12)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 7, 2010 4:53:24 PM
(0)
Tutor

When you open the gallery, select the group of photos where the photo you want to delete is located. Once those photos expand  for individual photo viewing, select/press and hold the photo you want to delete and the delete option will appear, along with check-boxes for multiple photo deletion.

Hope that helps....Robot Happy

When you open the gallery, select the group of photos where the photo you want to delete is located. Once those photos expand  for individual photo viewing, select/press and hold the photo you want to delete and the delete option will appear, along with check-boxes for multiple photo deletion.

Hope that helps....Robot Happy

Re: Samsung Captivate can't delete pics in gallery

2 of 13 (4,485 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 7, 2010 10:27:14 PM
(0)
Contributor

Hi Kerri, If you press and hold the pic or file you want deleted, the menu will come up at the bottom of the screen to SHARE, DELETE, OR MORE options. Obviously hit delete. Hope this works.

Hi Kerri, If you press and hold the pic or file you want deleted, the menu will come up at the bottom of the screen to SHARE, DELETE, OR MORE options. Obviously hit delete. Hope this works.

3 of 13 (4,458 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 8, 2010 6:06:30 AM
(0)
Contributor

Thanks for the tip(s) but it seems that the images that came in thru bluetooth do not have the option to be deleted when I press and hold the image.  The only options are Share and More (which only offers Details).

I tried connecting the phone to my windows 7 computer but it seems the MTP driver is not compatible (is Win7 not supported yet?).

Any other ideas?

Thanks,

Kerri

Thanks for the tip(s) but it seems that the images that came in thru bluetooth do not have the option to be deleted when I press and hold the image.  The only options are Share and More (which only offers Details).

I tried connecting the phone to my windows 7 computer but it seems the MTP driver is not compatible (is Win7 not supported yet?).

Any other ideas?

Thanks,

Kerri

4 of 13 (4,438 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 8, 2010 9:04:47 AM
(0)
Tutor

Hi Kerri,

I had this issue as well and I discovered that the pictures I could not delete were actually photos that had synced with Picasa and they are actually online. To disable this go to settings, accounts and sync and click on Google. At this point you will be able to turn off "Sync Picasa Web Albums".

Hope this helps.

Hi Kerri,

I had this issue as well and I discovered that the pictures I could not delete were actually photos that had synced with Picasa and they are actually online. To disable this go to settings, accounts and sync and click on Google. At this point you will be able to turn off "Sync Picasa Web Albums".

Hope this helps.

5 of 13 (4,414 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 8, 2010 10:18:05 AM
(0)
Contributor

Thanks for the tip--that fixed it!!

Thanks for the tip--that fixed it!!

6 of 13 (4,394 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 8, 2010 3:42:07 PM
(0)
Tutor

Smiley Happy

Smiley Happy

7 of 13 (4,369 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 31, 2011 8:58:52 PM
(0)
Contributor

I have same problem, but no delete option appears when I try this.

I have same problem, but no delete option appears when I try this.

8 of 13 (3,152 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 1, 2011 7:46:15 AM
(0)
Master

Did you read post #5?

Did you read post #5?

9 of 13 (3,133 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 1, 2011 11:01:40 AM
(0)
Tutor

if when you go to Account and Sync, the sync for Google is already off. I keep finding pics in my gallery that I didnt take, they look liek they are off the web. I delete them and then they come right back???

Vicky
[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v247/vicky27mom/Blinkies/SG2.gif[/IMG][IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v247/vicky27mom/Blinkies/26001.gif[/IMG]

if when you go to Account and Sync, the sync for Google is already off. I keep finding pics in my gallery that I didnt take, they look liek they are off the web. I delete them and then they come right back???

10 of 13 (3,126 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 1, 2011 1:14:00 PM
(0)
Master

Gallery app shows ALL picture files on your phone, not just the photos you took, in addition to Picasa web album. For examples, apps and games often contain graphic image files in its own folder. These image files will be picked up by media scanning and show up in Gallery app. To tell media scanning process to skip these folders, you will have to create some dumy files in those folders (file need to be named .nomedia or something like that).

Gallery app shows ALL picture files on your phone, not just the photos you took, in addition to Picasa web album. For examples, apps and games often contain graphic image files in its own folder. These image files will be picked up by media scanning and show up in Gallery app. To tell media scanning process to skip these folders, you will have to create some dumy files in those folders (file need to be named .nomedia or something like that).

11 of 13 (2,631 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 1, 2011 8:33:01 PM
(0)
ACE - Master
I have some bothersome picures that appear in my Gallery. They are from a music app I have installed. I don't know how they get there as I do not click on them or attempt to save them, but they just show up. There are three recurring ones that show up often. I have to manually delete them one by one each and every time. They are saved under the folder "myalbum", which I did not create.

One of the pictures is actually very inappropriate! I don't want that image/words on my phone in my Gallery!

Cat Happy Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 Cat Happy

I have some bothersome picures that appear in my Gallery. They are from a music app I have installed. I don't know how they get there as I do not click on them or attempt to save them, but they just show up. There are three recurring ones that show up often. I have to manually delete them one by one each and every time. They are saved under the folder "myalbum", which I did not create.

One of the pictures is actually very inappropriate! I don't want that image/words on my phone in my Gallery!

:cathappy: Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 :cathappy:

Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

12 of 13 (2,623 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 2, 2011 5:01:55 AM
(0)
Master
Media scanning runs every time you boot up your phone or connect/disconnect usb to pc. it will pick up all images on your phone. The only way to force it skip certain folder is to perform what I described above.
Media scanning runs every time you boot up your phone or connect/disconnect usb to pc. it will pick up all images on your phone. The only way to force it skip certain folder is to perform what I described above.

13 of 13 (2,618 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments