Samsung Captivate can't delete pics in gallery

Contributor

Samsung Captivate can't delete pics in gallery

Hello--I was hoping someone could help me figure out how I can delete images that are in my gallery.  they were not taken with the camera but believe were brought in via bluetooth, but I am unable to delete them from the gallery--any ideas?

Thanks,

Kerri

Message 1 of 13
Tutor

Re: Samsung Captivate can't delete pics in gallery

When you open the gallery, select the group of photos where the photo you want to delete is located. Once those photos expand  for individual photo viewing, select/press and hold the photo you want to delete and the delete option will appear, along with check-boxes for multiple photo deletion.

Hope that helps....Robot Happy

Message 2 of 13
Contributor

Hi Kerri, If you press and hold the pic or file you want deleted, the menu will come up at the bottom of the screen to SHARE, DELETE, OR MORE options. Obviously hit delete. Hope this works.

Message 3 of 13
Contributor

Thanks for the tip(s) but it seems that the images that came in thru bluetooth do not have the option to be deleted when I press and hold the image.  The only options are Share and More (which only offers Details).

I tried connecting the phone to my windows 7 computer but it seems the MTP driver is not compatible (is Win7 not supported yet?).

Any other ideas?

Thanks,

Kerri

Message 4 of 13
Tutor

Hi Kerri,

I had this issue as well and I discovered that the pictures I could not delete were actually photos that had synced with Picasa and they are actually online. To disable this go to settings, accounts and sync and click on Google. At this point you will be able to turn off "Sync Picasa Web Albums".

Hope this helps.

Message 5 of 13
Contributor

Thanks for the tip--that fixed it!!

Message 6 of 13
Tutor

Smiley Happy

Message 7 of 13
Contributor

I have same problem, but no delete option appears when I try this.

Message 8 of 13
Master

Did you read post #5?

Message 9 of 13

if when you go to Account and Sync, the sync for Google is already off. I keep finding pics in my gallery that I didnt take, they look liek they are off the web. I delete them and then they come right back???

Vicky
[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v247/vicky27mom/Blinkies/SG2.gif[/IMG][IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v247/vicky27mom/Blinkies/26001.gif[/IMG]
Message 10 of 13
Master

Gallery app shows ALL picture files on your phone, not just the photos you took, in addition to Picasa web album. For examples, apps and games often contain graphic image files in its own folder. These image files will be picked up by media scanning and show up in Gallery app. To tell media scanning process to skip these folders, you will have to create some dumy files in those folders (file need to be named .nomedia or something like that).

Message 11 of 13
Master

I have some bothersome picures that appear in my Gallery. They are from a music app I have installed. I don't know how they get there as I do not click on them or attempt to save them, but they just show up. There are three recurring ones that show up often. I have to manually delete them one by one each and every time. They are saved under the folder "myalbum", which I did not create.

One of the pictures is actually very inappropriate! I don't want that image/words on my phone in my Gallery!

Cat Happy Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 Cat Happy

Message 12 of 13
Highlighted
Master

Media scanning runs every time you boot up your phone or connect/disconnect usb to pc. it will pick up all images on your phone. The only way to force it skip certain folder is to perform what I described above.
Message 13 of 13
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.

Additional Support