Samsung Captivate Update to Gingerbread and Contacts- Unable to Call

Tutor

Samsung Captivate Update to Gingerbread and Contacts- Unable to Call

[ Edited ]

I noticed the other day after I have upgraded to Gingerbread, that I cannot call my contacts from my contact list.  The "call" option is missing and I can only "message" them.  I only have the call feature if I view a contact under my call log.  Anyone else have this issue?  How can I fix it?

Message 1 of 6 (713 Views)
Scholar

Re: Samsung Captivate Update to Gingerbread and Contacts- Unable to Call

If the contact has phone numbers, you should see them listed under the big Message button and you can just press one of the numbers to call it.
Message 2 of 6 (640 Views)
Tutor

[ Edited ]

That doesn't work... when I press on the number it brings up the Options:  Mark as default, send contact information, or delete

Message 3 of 6 (626 Views)
Scholar

lawdiva98 wrote:

That doesn't work... when I press on the number it brings up the Options:  Mark as default, send contact information, or delete

I only get that if I long press a number.  What happens if you tap one?

Message 4 of 6 (597 Views)
Tutor

I figured it out ... I have to swype over the number for it to dial.  I still wonder though why I no longer have the press "call" option.

Message 5 of 6 (587 Views)
Highlighted
Scholar

I tried messing with every setting I could find to recreate the need to swipe the number to call it and I couldn't make it happen on mine lol. I tried every keyboard to see if it was somehow tied to that, etc. Not sure it matters, but I upgraded my phone by doing a factory reset, then upgrading it, then doing another factory reset, due to the tethering manager force close bug (which I got rid of only after the post-upgrade factory reset.) Glad yours works now though!
Message 6 of 6 (502 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.