Samsung Captivate Sound Player Issue?

Master

Samsung Captivate Sound Player Issue?

Yet another minor issue with my Captivate comes to play, here. This time, it's with the stock music player and an app that I downloaded to get free music from called 'MP3 Music Download'. Last night, I was cleaning out the 'My Files' section of my phone and was deleting folders and files that I didn't think were very necessary. Well, turns out, I made a mistake. When I went to listen to music on my phone this morning, I brought up the Sound Player, as usual. When I headed to my playlist to choose a song, I noticed that all of them were greyed out...? I thought it was really weird. I didn't think much of it, so I proceeded to choose a song, and got an error message that I found very surprising. Images are as follows being accessed from the stock Sound Player and third-party app that I use.

Is there anything that I can do to somehow "save" the music files? There doesn't appear to be an option in anything I have tried to look for... It would be a pain to have to re-download ALL of the music that doesn't seem to exist anymore.

Any help would be very greatly appreciated.

Cat Happy Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 Cat Happy

Message 1 of 6 (662 Views)
Master

Re: Samsung Captivate Sound Player Issue?

If there aren't any replies in about an hour from now, I suppose I'll just bite the bullet, delete all of the files, and re-download them all ONE AT A TIME.

Really beginning to dislike Android at this point...maybe iPhone by itself is the way to go after all...

Message 2 of 6 (649 Views)
Contributor

Re: Samsung Captivate

Wondering if it's a good idea to get my daughter the Captivate?? She has an IPhone now

Message 3 of 6 (633 Views)
Master

The Captivate is definitely a very nice phone. I would recommend it; it's the best phone I have ever gotten the privilege to use. Unfortunately, though, I think I'm just going to sell mine and my iPhone 3GS to get an iPhone 4 by itself.

Message 4 of 6 (627 Views)
Highlighted
Professor

Try restarting the phone. That should scan the media files and rebuild the indexes.

Message 5 of 6 (619 Views)
Master

I had already deleted all of the "non-existent" files and re-downloaded them. It took about an hour and 45 minutes, but at least I have the music back.

Message 6 of 6 (609 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.