Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Feb 21, 2012
12:50:56 PM
View profile
Samsung Captivate Sound Player Issue?

Yet another minor issue with my Captivate comes to play, here. This time, it's with the stock music player and an app that I downloaded to get free music from called 'MP3 Music Download'. Last night, I was cleaning out the 'My Files' section of my phone and was deleting folders and files that I didn't think were very necessary. Well, turns out, I made a mistake. When I went to listen to music on my phone this morning, I brought up the Sound Player, as usual. When I headed to my playlist to choose a song, I noticed that all of them were greyed out...? I thought it was really weird. I didn't think much of it, so I proceeded to choose a song, and got an error message that I found very surprising. Images are as follows being accessed from the stock Sound Player and third-party app that I use.

Is there anything that I can do to somehow "save" the music files? There doesn't appear to be an option in anything I have tried to look for... It would be a pain to have to re-download ALL of the music that doesn't seem to exist anymore.

Any help would be very greatly appreciated.

Cat Happy Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 Cat Happy

Yet another minor issue with my Captivate comes to play, here. This time, it's with the stock music player and an app that I downloaded to get free music from called 'MP3 Music Download'. Last night, I was cleaning out the 'My Files' section of my phone and was deleting folders and files that I didn't think were very necessary. Well, turns out, I made a mistake. When I went to listen to music on my phone this morning, I brought up the Sound Player, as usual. When I headed to my playlist to choose a song, I noticed that all of them were greyed out...? I thought it was really weird. I didn't think much of it, so I proceeded to choose a song, and got an error message that I found very surprising. Images are as follows being accessed from the stock Sound Player and third-party app that I use.

Is there anything that I can do to somehow "save" the music files? There doesn't appear to be an option in anything I have tried to look for... It would be a pain to have to re-download ALL of the music that doesn't seem to exist anymore.

Any help would be very greatly appreciated.

:cathappy: Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 :cathappy:

Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Samsung Captivate Sound Player Issue?

5 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(5)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 21, 2012 2:09:55 PM
(0)
ACE - Master
If there aren't any replies in about an hour from now, I suppose I'll just bite the bullet, delete all of the files, and re-download them all ONE AT A TIME.

Really beginning to dislike Android at this point...maybe iPhone by itself is the way to go after all...

If there aren't any replies in about an hour from now, I suppose I'll just bite the bullet, delete all of the files, and re-download them all ONE AT A TIME.

Really beginning to dislike Android at this point...maybe iPhone by itself is the way to go after all...

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: Samsung Captivate Sound Player Issue?

2 of 6 (622 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 22, 2012 10:58:12 AM
(0)
Contributor

Wondering if it's a good idea to get my daughter the Captivate?? She has an IPhone now

Wondering if it's a good idea to get my daughter the Captivate?? She has an IPhone now

Re: Samsung Captivate

3 of 6 (606 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 22, 2012 6:57:39 PM
(0)
ACE - Master
The Captivate is definitely a very nice phone. I would recommend it; it's the best phone I have ever gotten the privilege to use. Unfortunately, though, I think I'm just going to sell mine and my iPhone 3GS to get an iPhone 4 by itself.

The Captivate is definitely a very nice phone. I would recommend it; it's the best phone I have ever gotten the privilege to use. Unfortunately, though, I think I'm just going to sell mine and my iPhone 3GS to get an iPhone 4 by itself.

4 of 6 (600 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 22, 2012 8:11:36 PM
(0)
Professor

Try restarting the phone. That should scan the media files and rebuild the indexes.

Try restarting the phone. That should scan the media files and rebuild the indexes.

5 of 6 (592 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 23, 2012 1:55:55 PM
(0)
ACE - Master
I had already deleted all of the "non-existent" files and re-downloaded them. It took about an hour and 45 minutes, but at least I have the music back.

I had already deleted all of the "non-existent" files and re-downloaded them. It took about an hour and 45 minutes, but at least I have the music back.

6 of 6 (582 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments