Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Jan 13, 2011
3:54:28 PM
View profile
Samsung Captivate Recall

Don't get me wrong I love my phone....when it works. I bought my Samsung Captivate the week it came out and had to exchange it because of battery issues (no biggie). I am one who knows that 1st gen products usually have hiccups but not this many. I am on my second Captivate and have run into issues far after the 60 day return policy. For one my GPS does not work. I get a lock after 5 min but it has me about half a mile from my actual location. None of the fixes work for me. Secondly now my screen has started to malfunction registering presses all over the screen but not where I actually press. Third, I am experiencing the random shutdowns even after factory resets and sd card wipes. This is unacceptable and I haven't even mentioned the lack of the Froyo (2.2) update when Gingerbread (2.3) is already announced!

As a former iPhone user, I received updates as soon as Apple announced them, not a week later, not a month later, usually the same day. If this was happening with the iPhone At&t would be on top of it but since its not its swept under the rug. 

I don't want a new Captivate, I don't want a refurbished version of a faulty product from warranty. I want my money back. I have been a customer for 8 almost 9 years now and this is the worst phone I have ever had. I'd rather receive a refund and wait for the Motorola Atrix 4G.

AT&T needs to do the right thing and refund these customers their money, reset their upgrades, and let them choose a new device or terminate their contract. This is faulty advertisement as well, GPS (but you can't use it).

Don't get me wrong I love my phone....when it works. I bought my Samsung Captivate the week it came out and had to exchange it because of battery issues (no biggie). I am one who knows that 1st gen products usually have hiccups but not this many. I am on my second Captivate and have run into issues far after the 60 day return policy. For one my GPS does not work. I get a lock after 5 min but it has me about half a mile from my actual location. None of the fixes work for me. Secondly now my screen has started to malfunction registering presses all over the screen but not where I actually press. Third, I am experiencing the random shutdowns even after factory resets and sd card wipes. This is unacceptable and I haven't even mentioned the lack of the Froyo (2.2) update when Gingerbread (2.3) is already announced!

As a former iPhone user, I received updates as soon as Apple announced them, not a week later, not a month later, usually the same day. If this was happening with the iPhone At&t would be on top of it but since its not its swept under the rug. 

I don't want a new Captivate, I don't want a refurbished version of a faulty product from warranty. I want my money back. I have been a customer for 8 almost 9 years now and this is the worst phone I have ever had. I'd rather receive a refund and wait for the Motorola Atrix 4G.

AT&T needs to do the right thing and refund these customers their money, reset their upgrades, and let them choose a new device or terminate their contract. This is faulty advertisement as well, GPS (but you can't use it).

Samsung Captivate Recall

3 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(3)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 13, 2011 4:01:15 PM
(0)
Master

You can say that to every single Samsung smartphones on AT&T.

You can say that to every single Samsung smartphones on AT&T.

Re: Samsung Captivate Recall

2 of 4 (4,015 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 14, 2011 3:39:35 AM
(0)
Expert

cameronhorton wrote:

you recieved them from Apple as soon as they announced them simplely because Apple does not announce them till they are ready to release them - all the customization is tested and approved by the carrier. unlike other OS's that annouce them months before they are actually ready to be released

cameronhorton wrote:

you recieved them from Apple as soon as they announced them simplely because Apple does not announce them till they are ready to release them - all the customization is tested and approved by the carrier. unlike other OS's that annouce them months before they are actually ready to be released

3 of 4 (3,843 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 29, 2011 7:07:39 PM
(0)
Tutor

I'm on my second Captivate. still get random shut downs. was told it was a software issue and that they were working on a fix for it. the tech told me i could get a new phone under the manufacturer's warranty but she couldn't guarantee that the new phone wouldn't do the same thing. ugh. the gps is always off by 1/2-1 mile, which normally is no biggie, but when refreshing directions and it gives me 5 extra steps to get onto the road i'm already on, it's annoying. ugh. but NOW i am getting the absolute WORSE battery life. i'm charging twice a day, barely using the phone, and getting a red battery. i DO NOT want another captivate. i'd just like one that works. Any one else with the battery issues.  I've had this second captivate since beginning of Sept.

I'm on my second Captivate. still get random shut downs. was told it was a software issue and that they were working on a fix for it. the tech told me i could get a new phone under the manufacturer's warranty but she couldn't guarantee that the new phone wouldn't do the same thing. ugh. the gps is always off by 1/2-1 mile, which normally is no biggie, but when refreshing directions and it gives me 5 extra steps to get onto the road i'm already on, it's annoying. ugh. but NOW i am getting the absolute WORSE battery life. i'm charging twice a day, barely using the phone, and getting a red battery. i DO NOT want another captivate. i'd just like one that works. Any one else with the battery issues.  I've had this second captivate since beginning of Sept.

4 of 4 (2,996 Views)