Samsung Captivate No 2.3?

Samsung Captivate No 2.3?

At&t really?

Well every samsung galaxy phone has just recently got the new firmware 2.3 gingerbread

guess whos not getting it?

AT&T!

I sware why are you guys so bad about updates? really ..

and nobody bother replying saying why dont you just root your phone?

Answer to that is im not stupid enough to mess with my phone..

ATT Fix THIS NOW!

Message 1 of 12 (1,712 Views)
Mentor

Re: Samsung Captivate No 2.3?

[ Edited ]

Root your phone and install a custom rom.  It will be superior to anything that AT&T offers. {keep it courteous}

Message 2 of 12 (1,666 Views)
Scholar

The in your face answer is pretty simple.  You have an older low end phone, they simply don't care about you.  They would rather you get mad and purchase a new phone when your two year commit is done.

Message 3 of 12 (1,663 Views)
Contributor

I've been looking forward to 2.3 for a while now for my Captivate. I'd prefer to not root my phone with a custom rom in case it turns out to be buggy.

I don't have a problem with buying a new phone when my contract is up (by then, newer phones should be faster / have up-to-date Android OS), but I'm only 1 year into my 2 year contract, so I still have a while to wait.

Message 4 of 12 (1,632 Views)
Professor

LuisAlvarez96 wrote:

At&t really?

Well every samsung galaxy phone has just recently got the new firmware 2.3 gingerbread

guess whos not getting it?

AT&T!

I sware why are you guys so bad about updates? really ..

and nobody bother replying saying why dont you just root your phone?

Answer to that is im not stupid enough to mess with my phone..

ATT Fix THIS NOW!

Funny, there is a very similar thread on T-Mobile's forum about the Samsung Vibrant.   I won't suggest that you root your phone, but how is it stupid to do what is necessary to get what you want?  Coming on this forum to complain/whine isn't going to get you what you want.  Smiley Wink

Message 5 of 12 (1,612 Views)
Master

You don't have to root your phone to flash to other Roms. For Captivate, the official 2.3 ROM has been leaked over 6 months now.
Message 6 of 12 (1,583 Views)
Scholar

@foxbat a "leaked" rom is out there and flashable without root.. its NOT official. It does have some bugs but they are not bad.
Message 7 of 12 (1,335 Views)
Master

I know it is NOT yet Official. But you can either go flash it NOW or keep complaining for another 6 months and end up with the same thing. AT&T doesn't really care how much you complain. They have their own schedul and priorities. Been there, done that:

* Samsung BlackJack 1 WM 6.0 release. We complain and protested for almost a year before we saw the promised update

* Samsung EPIX WM 6.5 release, 1.5 year or even longer before we saw promised update.

Message 8 of 12 (1,316 Views)

I don't bother rooting due to the stupid warranty statements and such.. I don't want to deal with that stuff..
same here I have a year left with this terrible phone://..

Verizon's Samsung Fascinate just upgraded to gingerbread.

Funny thing is they get updates wirelessly we have to use Samsung kies

At&t has to step up their game or I might just leave to Verizon too
Message 9 of 12 (1,190 Views)

Funny thing is why doesn't att just let us upgrade whenever? Like I've been a customer for att since 2006 ... why don't they step it up.

My brother and sister switched from at&t to Verizon and they said the coverage is excellent...

At&t is not even bothering to compete with other companies, like yeah we got the iPhone but the ios on it is terrible

If at&t gets an evo or a nexus ill be happyc: but it will never happen:/.
Message 10 of 12 (1,188 Views)
Professor

There's a Nexus S for AT&T , sold through Best Buy.  The HTC Inspire is similar to the HTC EVO 4G.

People on VZW had so many problems with the Fascinate that they started to let Fascinate users exchange them for Droid Bionics.  VZW isn't perfect, either.

Message 11 of 12 (1,008 Views)
Professor

LuisAlvarez96 wrote:
Funny thing is why doesn't att just let us upgrade whenever? Like I've been a customer for att since 2006 ... why don't they step it up.

My brother and sister switched from at&t to Verizon and they said the coverage is excellent...

At&t is not even bothering to compete with other companies, like yeah we got the iPhone but the ios on it is terrible

If at&t gets an evo or a nexus ill be happyc: but it will never happen:/.

Upgrade whenever? You can upgrade whenever you want to. If you want a discounted upgrade, you have to wait. These phones aren't cheap, and even at $199 you're getting a huge discount.

Message 12 of 12 (989 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.