Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Dec 15, 2010
11:48:57 AM
Samsung Captivate, Motorola Bravo, Can I trade?

I have a Samsung Captivate. My first captivate started to malfunction, so I called AT&T and got a replacement. The replacement was a refurb (i believe), and it was worse than the first. It overheated frequently, even when inactive, and was slow. Very slow. Very, very slow. I took it back to the store I bought the first from. They called at&t, fought with the operator, and then sent it to Samsung for a fix.

Quite frankly, I don't want the malfunctioning POS back. It has been a thorn in my side since i got it. Is there any way that, instead of keeping this phone, I can trade over to a Motorola Bravo? It seems to be a better phone, and I like it more than the Captivate (I played with a friend's bravo). I'd even be willing to trade even, even though the Bravo is cheaper. Please help!

I have a Samsung Captivate. My first captivate started to malfunction, so I called AT&T and got a replacement. The replacement was a refurb (i believe), and it was worse than the first. It overheated frequently, even when inactive, and was slow. Very slow. Very, very slow. I took it back to the store I bought the first from. They called at&t, fought with the operator, and then sent it to Samsung for a fix.

Quite frankly, I don't want the malfunctioning POS back. It has been a thorn in my side since i got it. Is there any way that, instead of keeping this phone, I can trade over to a Motorola Bravo? It seems to be a better phone, and I like it more than the Captivate (I played with a friend's bravo). I'd even be willing to trade even, even though the Bravo is cheaper. Please help!

Samsung Captivate, Motorola Bravo, Can I trade?

6 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(6)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 16, 2010 2:21:15 PM
(0)
ACE - Master

chrisphoenix7 wrote:

Nope, I don't think you can trade.

The only condition is if you've received more than three or four replacement Captivates, and then you would be eligible for a device switch for the same compatibility/features as the Captivate. I think that is the only condition.

Cat Happy Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 Cat Happy

chrisphoenix7 wrote:

Nope, I don't think you can trade.

The only condition is if you've received more than three or four replacement Captivates, and then you would be eligible for a device switch for the same compatibility/features as the Captivate. I think that is the only condition.

:cathappy: Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 :cathappy:

Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: Samsung Captivate, Motorola Bravo, Can I trade?

2 of 7 (1,523 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 14, 2011 7:58:51 AM
(0)
Teacher

Ok. I've had four captivates, each worse than the last. When I called AT&T, they said I can get a different phone. They said I could have abackflip or another captivate. I asked about the Aria. None available. Same for all the Motorolas aside from the backflip. W7F? I have to take another bad phone, or something worse? When do you think I could trade for something different?

Ok. I've had four captivates, each worse than the last. When I called AT&T, they said I can get a different phone. They said I could have abackflip or another captivate. I asked about the Aria. None available. Same for all the Motorolas aside from the backflip. W7F? I have to take another bad phone, or something worse? When do you think I could trade for something different?

3 of 7 (1,196 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 14, 2011 8:58:44 AM
(0)
Guru
There are two things that limit what warranty can offer when changing your model. The first (and primary) limitation is simply availability. Warranty simply doesn't have all phones to send. Second, there are policies that dictate what phones are considered comparable.

That means if you're not satisfied with what's being offered, you can ask to speak to somebody higher, and an exception may or may not be possible. Really, the Captivate should be (more than) comparable to any current AT&T Android device, so availability should be the main limiting factor.

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s positions, strategies or opinions.
There are two things that limit what warranty can offer when changing your model. The first (and primary) limitation is simply availability. Warranty simply doesn't have all phones to send. Second, there are policies that dictate what phones are considered comparable.

That means if you're not satisfied with what's being offered, you can ask to speak to somebody higher, and an exception may or may not be possible. Really, the Captivate should be (more than) comparable to any current AT&T Android device, so availability should be the main limiting factor.

4 of 7 (1,187 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 24, 2011 7:38:57 AM
(0)
Teacher

Ok, so the iphone, AT&T's most-selling smartphone, isn't available? That doesn't sound right.

Ok, so the iphone, AT&T's most-selling smartphone, isn't available? That doesn't sound right.

5 of 7 (998 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 24, 2011 7:41:14 AM
(0)
Expert

chrisphoenix7 wrote:

Apple handles the hardware issues for the iphone

chrisphoenix7 wrote:

Apple handles the hardware issues for the iphone

6 of 7 (996 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 25, 2011 2:05:12 AM
(0)
Employee

yup Warranty doesn't have ANY iPhones since they go through Apple for warranty.

yup Warranty doesn't have ANY iPhones since they go through Apple for warranty.

*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

7 of 7 (952 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments