Samsung Captivate Internet issue

Mentor

Samsung Captivate Internet issue

I've had my Samsung Captivate now for almost a week, and I love it! The problem is sometimes I can't connect to the internet (not wi-fi). On the top of my screen, it won't display the E with the up and down arrows (no 3G coverage). It only shows signal strength and battery. When I try to get on the Android Market, It says something like "no network detected" or something like that. I can't access anything! I've tried battery pull, turning on/off, resseting default connection ( ATT WAP). I don't know what else to do. Is anybody else having this problem?

Message 1 of 4 (2,487 Views)
Master

Re: Samsung Captivate Internet issue

Have you tried a hard reset back to factory standards?

Call AT&T on ANOTHER phone and have them walk you through it...and stay on the phone until you've confirmed everything is working properly.

Message 2 of 4 (2,442 Views)
Tutor

The same thing happened to me about 4 months ago and a reset to factory settings fixed it.  But then I had to reload all of my apps and set them up.

I have had the phone over a year now and the same thing has happened again.  I'm really not looking forward to having to reset my phone and then set every thing up again.

Message 3 of 4 (1,139 Views)
Highlighted
Professor

[ Edited ]

"Fixed. Data packet was not turned on when I bought the phone." is a solution from another thread. May be worth a try to turn on data packet.

Message 4 of 4 (1,115 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.