Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Oct 14, 2010
1:31:02 PM
View profile
Samsung Captivate Internet issue

I've had my Samsung Captivate now for almost a week, and I love it! The problem is sometimes I can't connect to the internet (not wi-fi). On the top of my screen, it won't display the E with the up and down arrows (no 3G coverage). It only shows signal strength and battery. When I try to get on the Android Market, It says something like "no network detected" or something like that. I can't access anything! I've tried battery pull, turning on/off, resseting default connection ( ATT WAP). I don't know what else to do. Is anybody else having this problem?

I've had my Samsung Captivate now for almost a week, and I love it! The problem is sometimes I can't connect to the internet (not wi-fi). On the top of my screen, it won't display the E with the up and down arrows (no 3G coverage). It only shows signal strength and battery. When I try to get on the Android Market, It says something like "no network detected" or something like that. I can't access anything! I've tried battery pull, turning on/off, resseting default connection ( ATT WAP). I don't know what else to do. Is anybody else having this problem?

Samsung Captivate Internet issue

3 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(3)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 14, 2010 2:29:19 PM
(0)
Master

Have you tried a hard reset back to factory standards?

Call AT&T on ANOTHER phone and have them walk you through it...and stay on the phone until you've confirmed everything is working properly.

Have you tried a hard reset back to factory standards?

Call AT&T on ANOTHER phone and have them walk you through it...and stay on the phone until you've confirmed everything is working properly.

Posted from my Samsung Captivate

Re: Samsung Captivate Internet issue

2 of 4 (2,434 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 10, 2011 8:10:46 AM
(0)
Tutor

The same thing happened to me about 4 months ago and a reset to factory settings fixed it.  But then I had to reload all of my apps and set them up.

I have had the phone over a year now and the same thing has happened again.  I'm really not looking forward to having to reset my phone and then set every thing up again.

The same thing happened to me about 4 months ago and a reset to factory settings fixed it.  But then I had to reload all of my apps and set them up.

I have had the phone over a year now and the same thing has happened again.  I'm really not looking forward to having to reset my phone and then set every thing up again.

3 of 4 (1,131 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 10, 2011 8:37:36 PM
(0)
Professor
Edited by ilikewireless on Aug 10, 2011 at 8:52:45 PM

"Fixed. Data packet was not turned on when I bought the phone." is a solution from another thread. May be worth a try to turn on data packet.

"Fixed. Data packet was not turned on when I bought the phone." is a solution from another thread. May be worth a try to turn on data packet.

[ Edited ]
4 of 4 (1,107 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments