Samsung Captivate - How do I remove a Calendar?

Mentor

Samsung Captivate - How do I remove a Calendar?

My Captivate has several calendars when i view the calendar list.  Is there any way to remove a calendar from the calendar list so that I don't have all of these different calendars?  A coworker of mine has an HTC with Android and he has a Remove Calendar selection on his phone, whereas the Captivate does not.

Message 1 of 4 (939 Views)
Master

Re: Samsung Captivate - How do I remove a Calendar?

In Settings->Accounts and Sync, uncheck calendar sync for any account you don't want calendar on your phone.

Message 2 of 4 (934 Views)
Mentor

[ Edited ]

foxbat121 wrote:

In Settings->Accounts and Sync, uncheck calendar sync for any account you don't want calendar on your phone.

That just disables that calendar, it does not remove it.  I have several duplicate calendars for exchange.

Message 3 of 4 (925 Views)
Highlighted
Master

That's how you disable calendar sync from specific account. If you have multiple duplicate events from the same account, e.g. your exchange account, that's another story. The stock calendar app in Captivate is very buggy. It often generates duplicate entries. You just have to manually remove them one by one, either on the phone or on your desktop Outlook connects to the same exchange server. But most of the times, the duplicate entry is on the phone only.

HTC and Motorola have their own mail and calender apps which are way better than the Samsung one.

Message 4 of 4 (865 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.