Samsung Captivate Glide

Guru

Samsung Captivate Glide

I am eagerly awaiting the 'Glide' to show up at ATT corporate stores. Basically, I've been reading mostly positive reviews on the original Capitivate. I just hope that the Glide, with the slide out QWERTY keyboard, lives up to the hype that I've read thus far. Any thoughts or feedback, from others?

Message 1 of 6 (635 Views)
c0n
Mentor

Re: Samsung Captivate Glide

The "normal" Captivate is a great phone. I'm sure the Cap. Glide will be nice too. Just don't expect timely updates.

Message 2 of 6 (624 Views)
Master

Samsung Captivate = best phone to date that I've ever used. I've thought about getting rid of it for an iPhone 4; not anymore. I decided that I would miss the AMOLED screen and Android platform way too much. I recently got an iPhone 3GS to go along with my Captivate, and it's a good comparison because the 3GS is like the iPhone 4 in many ways.

I would suspect the Captivate Glide to be equal to or even better than the original Captivate. It will come stock with Android 2.3 Gingerbread, correct?

Cat Happy Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 Cat Happy

Message 3 of 6 (566 Views)
Guru

[ Edited ]

WB- Yes, it will have Android Gingerbread 2.3. Earlier, someone had asked me for the link, and I supplied it.

But I just realized that my link shows up in a separate thread somehow. I didn't think I was double-posting.

Message 4 of 6 (561 Views)
Master

Okay. That is one improvement over the original Captivate, then. It will be something to look forward to for users who do not have 2.3 on their phones.

Cat Happy Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 Cat Happy

Message 5 of 6 (545 Views)
Highlighted

[ Edited ]

When is ATT going to give us a release date for the Glide?

The complete lack of powerful Android QWERTY phones on ATT has been more than dissapointing.

This phone should fill that gap, so where is it?

Message 6 of 6 (495 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.