Samsung Captivate Battery

Contributor

Samsung Captivate Battery

I've only had my Samsung Captivate for 3 days, and it already turns off at sporadic times -- if I leave it be for half an hour or so, I return and it's completely turned off. This is quite annoying, especially since I could be missing calls during that time.

Does anyone know what to do about this?

Thanks,

-gagafan

Message 1 of 3 (523 Views)
Highlighted
Professor

Re: Samsung Captivate Battery

Return it and get it replaced. This was a known issue when the Captivate was first released, so you may have gotten one of the early phones. If you take it back to a store they should swap it out for a new phone with no hassle as long as you bought a new phone. If you purchased a refurb or didn't get it from AT&T, you'll have to go through other exchange procedures.

Message 2 of 3 (519 Views)
Master

Re: Samsung Captivate Battery

Max69 wrote:

Return it and get it replaced. This was a known issue when the Captivate was first released, so you may have gotten one of the early phones. If you take it back to a store they should swap it out for a new phone with no hassle as long as you bought a new phone. If you purchased a refurb or didn't get it from AT&T, you'll have to go through other exchange procedures.

Agreed. Chances are that the next one you get will work fine and will not have this problem.

Cat Happy Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 Cat Happy

Message 3 of 3 (499 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.