Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Questions about your Smartphone data usage? Please join us here for a live “Ask an Expert” event on Wednesday, August 24th from 1-5 pm ET / 10am-2pm PT.

Wireless Forum

Posted Aug 3, 2011
2:36:03 PM
Samsung A177 Refill Problems
Edited by pamelaz on Aug 3, 2011 at 2:42:22 PM

Hi, I have resetted my phone but I cannot seem to refill my phone. Every time I try to do it, it says netwrok unavailable yet again. My friend gave me this phone along with her sim card. She has not used it for a long time and decided to give the phone to me. Do you know of any solutions to this problem other than buying a new sim card or resetting/restoring the phone? I would not like to buy a new sim card but I will if i have to to. Thank you for reading this and I hope you reply soon.

[Subject edited as new thread was created] - moderator

Hi, I have resetted my phone but I cannot seem to refill my phone. Every time I try to do it, it says netwrok unavailable yet again. My friend gave me this phone along with her sim card. She has not used it for a long time and decided to give the phone to me. Do you know of any solutions to this problem other than buying a new sim card or resetting/restoring the phone? I would not like to buy a new sim card but I will if i have to to. Thank you for reading this and I hope you reply soon.

[Subject edited as new thread was created] - moderator

Samsung A177 Refill Problems

[ Edited ]
1 reply
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(1)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 3, 2011 9:47:50 PM
(0)
ACE - Master
Is there any existing money in her/your account when you got the phone? It had probably expired anyway if there were any funds. It is likely that the SIM card has expired and you will need to purchase a new one to use the phone. The existing SIM cannot be re-activated or re-used, either.

You can find a prepaid GoPhone SIM at an AT&T store or on eBay for as little as $3.77 unactivated. If you go to an AT&T corporate store, they just may give you the new SIM at no cost to you if you add money to the new account while you are still in the store. Along with the new activation, you will receive a new phone number and you will need to pick a new rate plan.

Cat Happy Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 Cat Happy

Is there any existing money in her/your account when you got the phone? It had probably expired anyway if there were any funds. It is likely that the SIM card has expired and you will need to purchase a new one to use the phone. The existing SIM cannot be re-activated or re-used, either.

You can find a prepaid GoPhone SIM at an AT&T store or on eBay for as little as $3.77 unactivated. If you go to an AT&T corporate store, they just may give you the new SIM at no cost to you if you add money to the new account while you are still in the store. Along with the new activation, you will receive a new phone number and you will need to pick a new rate plan.

:cathappy: Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 :cathappy:

Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: Samsung A177 Refill Problems

2 of 2 (539 Views)