Samsung A177 Error:Network Unavailable

Samsung A177 Error:Network Unavailable

[ Edited ]

I recently purchased a Samsung A177 to replace my fiances lost Palm Centro. When I placed her Sim card into the phone and tried to access the WAP browser I get an Error: Network unavailable. I checked all the WAP settings and they all seem correct. I even tried creating a new profile and manually entering Att's WAP setting myself still no go. Although If i placed the perpiad sim card into the phone the WAP browser works, but it dosent let you browse to all sites. Ex. i tried going to www.digg.com and it failed to load, so i figured it might need the mobile extension in from of it to so i tried m.digg.com and it still wont load. Anyone have any ideas as to whats going on here?

Also if this is a issue with it somehow being a prepaid phone, should i try unlocking the phone and trying that?

Thanks

Message Edited by crakkajakka15 on 06-06-2009 12:28:08 PM
Message 1 of 4 (4,210 Views)
Contributor

Re: Samsung A177 Error:Network Unavailable

I found out what the problems may be that cause this to happen.. 1. The sim card may not be compatible to the phone (not that common) and 2. Just reset the phone and all will work fine.(most common)
Message 2 of 4 (3,166 Views)
Former Moderator

Message 3 of 4 (1,384 Views)
Highlighted
Former Moderator

I would like to thank everyone for taking the time to post your comments and opinions related to this topic. This topic has been thoroughly discussed and will now be closed.

Remember to always mark items that you find useful as "Accepted Solutions”, you can even mark multiple
in a single thread.  This will help other users find this information too!!

Message 4 of 4 (1,386 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.