Sad !

Sad !

[ Edited ]

It's really disappointing to see all the new HTC (and other brands) phones being released on the other carriers, especially Verizon; but nothing on ATT.  Looks like they are in a never ending monogomous and monotonous relationship with the Apple iPhone.

After 20+ years with Bellsouth Mobility/Cingular/ATT, it's looking more and more like it's time to make a change.  Smiley Sad

Message 1 of 8 (383 Views)
Professor

Re: Sad !

Can it really be called "monogamous", if AT&T is loyal to the iPhone, but the iPhone has many partners now?   :-P

Message 2 of 8 (375 Views)

redpoint73 wrote:

Can it really be called "monogamous", if AT&T is loyal to the iPhone, but the iPhone has many partners now?   :-P

I didn't say Apple was monogamous.  ATT is, and monotonous, too!

Message 3 of 8 (369 Views)
Mentor

I would just be happy if ATT would release ginger bread for my phone before ICS or jelly bean comes out........

Message 4 of 8 (352 Views)
Professor

DUTCH VanAtlanta wrote:

redpoint73 wrote:

I didn't say Apple was monogamous.  ATT is, and monotonous, too!

I'm pretty sure both partners have to be loyal, in order for the relationship to be called monogamous!  

Message 5 of 8 (348 Views)
Master

AT&T really does need some more HTC smartphones. Phones such as the Status are unacceptable - most customers demand high-end, high quality phones that do not look like children's toys.

The way I look at it, AT&T is dominant in offering: the iPhone (of course) and Samsung phones. (They're the first carrier to offer it for years, so they likely want to stay true to their word.)
Sprint is definitely known for high-end HTC's. The same follows with T-Mobile.
Verizon has a good share of HTC's as well as Samsungs.

Cat Happy Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 Cat Happy

Message 6 of 8 (261 Views)

Wild Banchi wrote:
The way I look at it, AT&T is dominant in offering: the iPhone (of course) and Samsung phones. 

How does that explain that Verizon is getting exclusivity on the newest top of the line Samsung Galaxy Nexus?

Message 7 of 8 (252 Views)
Highlighted
Master

AT&T has many Samsung smartphones, two of which are brand spanking new and there's yet another one to arrive shortly. They offer the Captivate, Infuse, Galaxy S II, Galaxy S II LTE, Focus, Focus S, and the Captivate Glide is coming soon.

I don't know why AT&T wouldn't want to add the Nexus to their lineup, but perhaps they will in the future. You never know. They already offer many powerful Samsungs to choose from, even if it isn't the latest and greatest. Even if you purchased the most high-end smartphone out there, it will be replaced either by the same manufacturer or by another very shortly. Technology changes very, very often.

Cat Happy Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 Cat Happy

Message 8 of 8 (244 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.