SXSW in Austin means AT&T network fail (for another year)

SXSW in Austin means AT&T network fail (for another year)

So here we are again with SXSW getting started and ATT can't provide adequate service downtown.  Come on people this happens every year and you know about it.  Get the capacity up to deal with the issue.

And for all of the people that once again can't get decent connectivity.  Call ATT and complain.  They are not providing you the service you are paying for.  Demand a credit for your inconvenience.  I got $25 off and each and every one of you should too.

Message 1 of 5 (752 Views)
Professor

Re: SXSW in Austin means AT&T network fail (for another year)

I don't think that at&t is going to want to build towers to service a one week a year conference.  It is not cost effective to build them to be used once a year.  That would be like building a house somewhere that would be unoccupied with the exception of someone taking an annual one week vacation.  Maybe someone should talk to the facilities there and suggest microcells be used to offload the excess from the cell network.

Message 2 of 5 (712 Views)

[ Edited ]

More mobile cell tower sites (on trailers) to take care of the temp increase in users.  They (AT&T) does it already just not enough to deal with the demand. 

Message 3 of 5 (703 Views)
Professor

AT&T has been bragging about SXSW

http://www.att.com/gen/press-room?pid=2943

http://www.att.com/Common/docs/SXSW_Network%20Fact_Sheet.doc

Are you headed to SXSW?
We'll see you there!

Message 4 of 5 (598 Views)
Contributor

[ Edited ]

My girlfriend was at SXSW last week.  Never got to talk to her about it though during the week.  At one point during the week, she tried to call me 30 times in a row and it only connected once!!!  And then dropped the call after 30 seconds.  Yet we could send texts without an issue.  Glad to know their was never an emergency or anything.  I even tried calling her at one point and after 15 calls, that always went right to voicemail, I got through, but we once again only talked for 30 seconds, before the call was dropped.  It's not like she was 50 feet under ground or in a lead box, she was on a major street in a major city!!!  I do NOT have AT&T, I have Verizon and was in a major residential area both times with a FULL signal.  Quality Job AT&T.  When her contract's up she will gladly join me on Verizon.

Message 5 of 5 (497 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.