Helpful Links

SOS

Contributor

SOS

Hi, I am having trouble with my Blackberry Curve. I am getting an SOS message and am thinking it my SIM card. Any ideas on what to do? I have removed the SIM card and battery numerous times to reboot and am still getting the same SOS signal.
Message 1 of 3
Guru

Re: SOS

If you're in an area that you know has good service and you've removed the battery and sim card then you need to get a new sim. Sounds like it is bad.

jfoggle wrote:
Hi, I am having trouble with my Blackberry Curve. I am getting an SOS message and am thinking it my SIM card. Any ideas on what to do? I have removed the SIM card and battery numerous times to reboot and am still getting the same SOS signal.

Message 2 of 3
Contributor

Re: SOS

i actually have the same issue as the original poster.  And the reply of getting a new SIM card is not correct as you state. I had never had this issue before AT&T bought Cingular. Even though i rarely had 4 bars on any of my phones but all my friends who had AT&T would have full bars on thiers. But when they merged my phone still has crappy service. But not until recently has my phone gone from having 2 or 3 bars to nothing but the antenna symbol and SOS in red for about say 10 seconds then with no real stall or any transactions besides the normal send and transmit symbols it will resume normal service at 2 or 3 bars. And i've done the SIM card change and have done that twice. And so far usually if the phone still does the same thing even after change of two SIMS it usually means the phone not the SIM. Especially if done through proccess of illimination.

And how is this the same as the poster is that i have the BB8300 as well. and have done the same reboot proccess. But my phone doesn't tell me to reboot the system. It just goes from normal activities of 2 or 3 bars to red SOS then back to normal at 2 or 3 bars.

Message Edited by D4RK51D3 on 03-27-2008 12:18:02 AM
Message 3 of 3
Share this topic
Announcements

Find out how to track your iPhone's delivery!

Have questions about International Plans? Get the answers on Wed. 10/25 at Hello World: International Plans, from 1-4pm ET / 10am-1pm PT!

Let us help you upgrade and activate your device!

Additional Support