Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Jul 17, 2008
7:38:12 AM
SMS Terminating= What?
I have 2 charges on my phone for 'SMS Terminating"--lasting one second and charged 15 cents! What's that all about?

Plus I went through my account history and added up the charges and taxes, etc. I should have $12.75 left in the account but it says $11.90. Can I dispute this?
I have 2 charges on my phone for 'SMS Terminating"--lasting one second and charged 15 cents! What's that all about?

Plus I went through my account history and added up the charges and taxes, etc. I should have $12.75 left in the account but it says $11.90. Can I dispute this?

SMS Terminating= What?

5 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(5)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 17, 2008 8:04:45 AM
(0)
ACE - Expert

iluvtolaff wrote: I have 2 charges on my phone for 'SMS Terminating"--lasting one second and charged 15 cents! What's that all about? Plus I went through my account history and added up the charges and taxes, etc. I should have $12.75 left in the account but it says $11.90. Can I dispute this?
SMS Terminating means you received an SMS. Without a messaging add-on the price of SMS on PAYG is 15 cents per message, incoming & outgoing.

First, log on at http://www.paygonline.com and view the detailed history on your account. Then if there are specific charges you want to dispute, call CS and dispute them. BTW, from my experience on PAYG AT&T charges even for SMS that are never delivered to the phone.

iluvtolaff wrote: I have 2 charges on my phone for 'SMS Terminating"--lasting one second and charged 15 cents! What's that all about? Plus I went through my account history and added up the charges and taxes, etc. I should have $12.75 left in the account but it says $11.90. Can I dispute this?
SMS Terminating means you received an SMS. Without a messaging add-on the price of SMS on PAYG is 15 cents per message, incoming & outgoing.

First, log on at http://www.paygonline.com and view the detailed history on your account. Then if there are specific charges you want to dispute, call CS and dispute them. BTW, from my experience on PAYG AT&T charges even for SMS that are never delivered to the phone.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: SMS Terminating= What?

2 of 6 (3,610 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 18, 2008 4:41:35 PM
(0)
Mentor
Thank you for your quick reply. I'll do that.

3 of 6 (3,580 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 18, 2008 4:43:44 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

iluvtolaff wrote:

You're welcome!

iluvtolaff wrote:

You're welcome!
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

4 of 6 (3,579 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 29, 2008 11:39:19 AM
(0)
Tutor
"""BTW, from my experience on PAYG AT&T charges even for SMS that are never delivered to the phone."""

I've been having some problem regarding not receiving text messages lately. I receive the service message like I normally do before every text, but I didn't receive the actual text message after. This happened twice today. What's wrong?
"""BTW, from my experience on PAYG AT&T charges even for SMS that are never delivered to the phone."""

I've been having some problem regarding not receiving text messages lately. I receive the service message like I normally do before every text, but I didn't receive the actual text message after. This happened twice today. What's wrong?

5 of 6 (3,551 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 29, 2008 1:38:23 PM
(0)
Expert

jpzsports wrote:

The service messages should be showing on the phone after the transaction is done and not before, are you able to get sms from everyone but specific people.

jpzsports wrote:

The service messages should be showing on the phone after the transaction is done and not before, are you able to get sms from everyone but specific people.

6 of 6 (3,548 Views)