SIM card not registering

Contributor

SIM card not registering

I purchased the Samsung SGH-a107 gophone and tried setting it up and when I turn on the phone it says "Insert SIM" even though I already inserted one in. I tried calling customer service and that didn't work at all. it just told me to call 611 from the phone, which is impossible because the only calls allowed were emergency calls.

Anyone know what I have to do?

Message 1 of 5 (1,446 Views)
Mentor

Re: SIM card not registering

use skype to call 18003310500
Message 2 of 5 (1,438 Views)
Master

bromios128 wrote:

I purchased the Samsung SGH-a107 gophone and tried setting it up and when I turn on the phone it says "Insert SIM" even though I already inserted one in. I tried calling customer service and that didn't work at all. it just told me to call 611 from the phone, which is impossible because the only calls allowed were emergency calls.

Anyone know what I have to do?

When you said that you "tried setting it up", did you completely activate the SIM card to the point where a phone number was assigned? If not, try re-activating the card again.

Cat Happy Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 Cat Happy

Message 3 of 5 (1,412 Views)
Former Moderator

Message 4 of 5 (1,130 Views)
Highlighted
Former Moderator

I would like to thank everyone for taking the time to post your comments and opinions related to this topic. This topic has been thoroughly discussed and will now be closed.

Remember to always mark items that you find useful as "Accepted Solutions”, you can even mark multipleposts in a single thread.  This will help other users find this information too!!

Message 5 of 5 (1,127 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.