SIM NETWORK LOCKED

Contributor

SIM NETWORK LOCKED

I moved to Costa Rica and wanted to keep my US plan and get a sim card here for local calls. I got the info before I left and either typed the wrong # or was given the wrong one. Now when I talk to a tech she tells me the phone can never be unlocked because of too many attempts. I cannot believe they expect you to throw away a $500 Atrix phone and all the accessories. Does anyone have any information on how I can get this up and running again. If I put the phone back to it's original can I start over and put in the corrected code. I am afraid to try it because I will lose much important information that I need.

Message 1 of 2
ACE - Expert

Re: SIM NETWORK LOCKED

Typically the phones that are hard-locked (too many unsuccessful unlock attempts) can only be unlocked using special hardware/software. Unfortunately, the only unlocking AT&T supports is by code, and once you hard-lock your phone, they can't help you anymore. I suggest you Google around and see what unlocking options may be available to you -- but be ready to pay $50-60 for it.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 2
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Find the Unlimited Plan that works best for you at our Knowledge Sharing Session: Whole Lotta' Data Going On on Wed. 6/28 from 1-4pm ET / noon-3pm CT / 10am-1pm PT!

Find out the very latest about the new iPad Pros!

Are you looking to upgrade and activate your device?

Let us help make Ordering, Upgrading and Activating easy!

Additional Support