Ask a question

Posted Oct 30, 2011
    12:43:24 PM
    View profile
    SIM NETWORK LOCKED

I moved to Costa Rica and wanted to keep my US plan and get a sim card here for local calls. I got the info before I left and either typed the wrong # or was given the wrong one. Now when I talk to a tech she tells me the phone can never be unlocked because of too many attempts. I cannot believe they expect you to throw away a $500 Atrix phone and all the accessories. Does anyone have any information on how I can get this up and running again. If I put the phone back to it's original can I start over and put in the corrected code. I am afraid to try it because I will lose much important information that I need.

SIM NETWORK LOCKED

1 reply
    (0) Me too
    (0) Me too
    View all replies
    (1)
    Highlighted
    (0)
    • Rate this reply
    View profile
    Nov 4, 2011 4:49:25 PM
    (0)
    ACE - Expert
    Typically the phones that are hard-locked (too many unsuccessful unlock attempts) can only be unlocked using special hardware/software. Unfortunately, the only unlocking AT&T supports is by code, and once you hard-lock your phone, they can't help you anymore. I suggest you Google around and see what unlocking options may be available to you -- but be ready to pay $50-60 for it.
    *The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: SIM NETWORK LOCKED

2 of 2 (1,175 Views)