Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Nov 17, 2011
6:47:12 PM
View profile
SIM Card

Does the Galaxy S II come with a SIM card?

SIM Card

7 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(7)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 17, 2011 11:04:09 PM
(0)
Mentor

Yes it does come with a SIM card, at least my AT&T Galaxy S2 has one.

Yes it does come with a SIM card, at least my AT&T Galaxy S2 has one.

Re: SIM Card

2 of 8 (374 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 18, 2011 5:44:49 AM
(0)
Scholar

zack427 wrote:

Strange question, you have a sim card already from whatever AT&T phone your using??  If you mean Micro SD Card the answer to that is no, that you have to buy yourself.. Actually I was just thinking of starting a search to see which Micro SDcard works best in our Galaxy S2 phones,  for the first time 16Gb is just not going to be enough Smiley Happy 

zack427 wrote:

Strange question, you have a sim card already from whatever AT&T phone your using??  If you mean Micro SD Card the answer to that is no, that you have to buy yourself.. Actually I was just thinking of starting a search to see which Micro SDcard works best in our Galaxy S2 phones,  for the first time 16Gb is just not going to be enough Smiley Happy 

3 of 8 (354 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 18, 2011 11:43:36 AM
(0)
Master

zack427 wrote:

The answer is it depends. If you buy from AT&T, it always comes with a new SIM card. Other places maybe, maybe not because it is not part of the packaging. But you can use your existing SIM card or get a free one from any AT&T stores.

zack427 wrote:

The answer is it depends. If you buy from AT&T, it always comes with a new SIM card. Other places maybe, maybe not because it is not part of the packaging. But you can use your existing SIM card or get a free one from any AT&T stores.

4 of 8 (334 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 18, 2011 1:18:14 PM
(0)
Mentor

I got a Kingston 32GB microsd card from Amazon for about $50.  It seems to work fine with my GS2, but I don't use it a lot. 

I got a Kingston 32GB microsd card from Amazon for about $50.  It seems to work fine with my GS2, but I don't use it a lot. 

5 of 8 (324 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 18, 2011 1:28:28 PM
(0)
Master
Edited by foxbat121 on Nov 18, 2011 at 1:31:14 PM

Galaxy S2 supports microSDXC cards in hardware. But the OS does not support exFat that SDXC cards typically get formatted as, If you can properly re-format it into FAT32, a 64GB microSDXC would be a lot of storage.

Galaxy S2 supports microSDXC cards in hardware. But the OS does not support exFat that SDXC cards typically get formatted as, If you can properly re-format it into FAT32, a 64GB microSDXC would be a lot of storage.

[ Edited ]
6 of 8 (320 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 18, 2011 1:45:54 PM
(0)
Professor
I had the best luck with microSD cards by formatting them with my phone using the phone's utilities.
I had the best luck with microSD cards by formatting them with my phone using the phone's utilities.

7 of 8 (313 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 18, 2011 4:14:09 PM
(0)
Master

FredW wrote:

Yeah but microSD max out at 32GB and it doesn't need to be reformated as they already come as FAT32. microSDXC is the new standard that starts out at 64GB and tops out at a few TBs.

FredW wrote:

Yeah but microSD max out at 32GB and it doesn't need to be reformated as they already come as FAT32. microSDXC is the new standard that starts out at 64GB and tops out at a few TBs.

8 of 8 (297 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments