SIM Card switch

Contributor

SIM Card switch

I recently activated a new go phone in order and to test it I put the my current sim in the new phone. Now the new sim has my number and is locked to that phone, My old sim doesn't work and I have no clue how to fix this problem. I'm out a new phone number and my old phone which i absolutely like. What do I do?

Message 1 of 3
Contributor

Re: SIM Card switch

basically the sim cards were switched and i don't know how. i want my sim back and my phone bakc

Message 2 of 3
Master

Re: SIM Card switch

Contact customer service to see if they will unlock the SIM for you - for quite some time now when you purchase a GoPhone package, the phone and SIM that it is activated with are "locked" to one another for a period of time.  (You should have retained two working SIMs and two phone numbers - unless when you placed the order you chose the option to not receive a new phone number/start a new line of service - but until customer service unlocks the phone/SIM, you probably won't have the ability to swap the SIMs between the devices.)

=^..^=
There must be a happy medium somewhere between being totally informed and blissfully unaware.

- Doug Larson

Message 3 of 3
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Are you looking to upgrade and activate your device?

Let us help make Ordering, Upgrading and Activating easy!

Additional Support