Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Aug 10, 2011
8:43:03 PM
View profile
SIM Card switch

I recently activated a new go phone in order and to test it I put the my current sim in the new phone. Now the new sim has my number and is locked to that phone, My old sim doesn't work and I have no clue how to fix this problem. I'm out a new phone number and my old phone which i absolutely like. What do I do?

I recently activated a new go phone in order and to test it I put the my current sim in the new phone. Now the new sim has my number and is locked to that phone, My old sim doesn't work and I have no clue how to fix this problem. I'm out a new phone number and my old phone which i absolutely like. What do I do?

SIM Card switch

2 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(2)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 10, 2011 8:44:33 PM
(0)
Contributor

basically the sim cards were switched and i don't know how. i want my sim back and my phone bakc

basically the sim cards were switched and i don't know how. i want my sim back and my phone bakc

Re: SIM Card switch

2 of 3 (1,381 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 11, 2011 5:00:45 AM
(0)
ACE - Master

Contact customer service to see if they will unlock the SIM for you - for quite some time now when you purchase a GoPhone package, the phone and SIM that it is activated with are "locked" to one another for a period of time.  (You should have retained two working SIMs and two phone numbers - unless when you placed the order you chose the option to not receive a new phone number/start a new line of service - but until customer service unlocks the phone/SIM, you probably won't have the ability to swap the SIMs between the devices.)

=^..^=
There must be a happy medium somewhere between being totally informed and blissfully unaware.

- Doug Larson

Contact customer service to see if they will unlock the SIM for you - for quite some time now when you purchase a GoPhone package, the phone and SIM that it is activated with are "locked" to one another for a period of time.  (You should have retained two working SIMs and two phone numbers - unless when you placed the order you chose the option to not receive a new phone number/start a new line of service - but until customer service unlocks the phone/SIM, you probably won't have the ability to swap the SIMs between the devices.)

=^..^=
There must be a happy medium somewhere between being totally informed and blissfully unaware.

- Doug Larson

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: SIM Card switch

3 of 3 (1,367 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments