SIM Card for one Month

Contributor

SIM Card for one Month

I'm visiting the States for about one month and

would prefer to continue using my personal iPhone 3GS.

Is there a reasonable offer to buy or rent a pre-paid

SIM Card with Data Plan (1GB) for one month?

Greetings from Europe,

Lo Phi

Message 1 of 3 (797 Views)
ACE - Professor

Re: SIM Card for one Month

Not with AT&T - they don't allow prepaid plans on iPhones - I believe voice/sms works, but data will be blocked/non functional

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 3 (791 Views)
Highlighted
Master

Re: SIM Card for one Month

[ Edited ]

johninsj wrote:

Not with AT&T - they don't allow prepaid plans on iPhones - I believe voice/sms works, but data will be blocked/non functional

That's right. You really CAN use them on prepaid for voice/messaging, but only the data portion of the phone will not work if you try to use it. Even if you did purchase a prepaid data plan, it still will not connect unless you go through some special process to allow it to work, but I don't think it's worth one's time.

OP, your other alternative is either to use another smartphone besides your iPhone, or there are cheaper GoPhones that are available to purchase that can connect to the data network depending on which one you choose. Or, if you don't mind leaving out the data portion for your iPhone, you can use that. But you will only be able to access voice and messaging services. You can use Wi-Fi instead of data if you'd like.

Cat Happy Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 Cat Happy

Message 3 of 3 (783 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.