SIM Card Restricted

Contributor

SIM Card Restricted

I bought AT&T Go Phone and activated the SIM card. I then installed the SIM card in a used LG F4015 phone that had previously used AT&T and looks better than the one I just bought. I tried to use it but I get a message saying it is RESTRICTED. Can I get this corrected by AT&T. Is there a fee to do so? I'm not that experienced with cell phones as one might surmise.

Thank you.

Message 1 of 4 (403 Views)
Master

Re: SIM Card Restricted

Contact customer service to see if they will unlock the SIM for you so that you can use it in a prior phone.  Chances are they will do so, but if not you can visit an at&t Corporate store and obtain a new SIM that is provisioned with your existing account information and balance.  If they intend to charge you for the SIM in the store, you can likely avoid the charge by adding funds to your account while in the store.

For the last couple of years at&t has been locking the prepaid GoPhone package SIM to the phone it is activated with. Smiley Sad

=^..^=
There must be a happy medium somewhere between being totally informed and blissfully unaware.

- Doug Larson

Message 2 of 4 (387 Views)
Contributor

Thanks for the explanation and suggestions.

Message 3 of 4 (383 Views)
Highlighted
Master

You're welcome. Smiley Happy

=^..^=
There must be a happy medium somewhere between being totally informed and blissfully unaware.

- Doug Larson

Message 4 of 4 (371 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.