Wireless Forums

Posted May 29, 2008
11:17:17 AM
View profile
SIM Card Error
My BlackBerry at times has a SIM Card Error, where I am not able to do anything on the phone.  How do I fix this or if this cannot be fixed, how do I go about getting a new phone.  The phone is 1 month old.  Thanks
My BlackBerry at times has a SIM Card Error, where I am not able to do anything on the phone.  How do I fix this or if this cannot be fixed, how do I go about getting a new phone.  The phone is 1 month old.  Thanks

SIM Card Error

6 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
Cancel
Submit
Replies
(6)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
May 29, 2008 11:26:49 AM
(0)
Guru

SandraThoms wrote:

Is your SIM card locked fully into place. I have seen alot of times when people are having this issue with BlackBerry's their SIM card wasn't fully locked into place. Just make sure that the metal door over the SIM card is locked into place and will not open when you turn the phone over with the battery out.

SandraThoms wrote:

Is your SIM card locked fully into place. I have seen alot of times when people are having this issue with BlackBerry's their SIM card wasn't fully locked into place. Just make sure that the metal door over the SIM card is locked into place and will not open when you turn the phone over with the battery out.

Re: SIM Card Error

2 of 7 (2,089 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 29, 2008 11:30:27 AM
(0)
Contributor
The SIM Card is locked in.  Sometimes the error message goes away if I turn to phone on and off again.  Do you have any other suggestions?
The SIM Card is locked in.  Sometimes the error message goes away if I turn to phone on and off again.  Do you have any other suggestions?

3 of 7 (2,086 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
May 29, 2008 12:01:26 PM
(0)
Guru

SandraThoms wrote:

The only other option is to get a new SIM card and see if the problem continues. If that doesn't work you may have to do a warranty exchange.

SandraThoms wrote:

The only other option is to get a new SIM card and see if the problem continues. If that doesn't work you may have to do a warranty exchange.

4 of 7 (2,082 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 30, 2008 7:27:27 AM
(0)
Scholar
i have that problem everyonce and a while too. my sim card is secure in its place. everyonce and a while i will be on the phone and i will loose the call and it will say sim card error and the signal area is red and says SOS.
i have that problem everyonce and a while too. my sim card is secure in its place. everyonce and a while i will be on the phone and i will loose the call and it will say sim card error and the signal area is red and says SOS.

5 of 7 (2,021 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 30, 2008 7:44:13 AM
(0)
Contributor
Do you know if this is a phone malfunction or a SIM card malfunction?
Do you know if this is a phone malfunction or a SIM card malfunction?

6 of 7 (2,014 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 30, 2008 7:45:48 AM
(0)
Scholar
I notice on my pearl that if I bump it too hard, it will go to SOS, even when the SIM is securely in place.  I switched to a curve and it works fine, even when I drop it.  So I doubt it is the SIM, in my case.

I had a friend with a pearl and he was having the same issue.  He took a small peice of scotch tape and taped the SIM down, then placed the bracket over and it works fine.

Ben
I notice on my pearl that if I bump it too hard, it will go to SOS, even when the SIM is securely in place.  I switched to a curve and it works fine, even when I drop it.  So I doubt it is the SIM, in my case.

I had a friend with a pearl and he was having the same issue.  He took a small peice of scotch tape and taped the SIM down, then placed the bracket over and it works fine.

Ben

7 of 7 (2,013 Views)