Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Jul 20, 2011
8:10:49 PM
View profile
SIM CARDS

I keep hearing about SIM cards.  I have phones that use sim cards.  I have heard people say save it to the phone..some things people say  save to the sim card.  I have 2 questions

1  As a general rule..what should be saved to your phone  and what should be saved to a sim card?

2.  Both phones I have are LG phones.  How do you take something and save it to the sim card. 

I seem to get the impression that saving something to the sim card keeps it from ever getting lost.  This would be great for pictures and your contacts.  Am I getting any of this right ?  How do you save to a sim card

Thanks

I keep hearing about SIM cards.  I have phones that use sim cards.  I have heard people say save it to the phone..some things people say  save to the sim card.  I have 2 questions

1  As a general rule..what should be saved to your phone  and what should be saved to a sim card?

2.  Both phones I have are LG phones.  How do you take something and save it to the sim card. 

I seem to get the impression that saving something to the sim card keeps it from ever getting lost.  This would be great for pictures and your contacts.  Am I getting any of this right ?  How do you save to a sim card

Thanks

SIM CARDS

3 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(3)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 20, 2011 10:32:50 PM
(0)
ACE - Master

gshock wrote:

Thanks

Your contacts list as well as some possible pictures are definitely files that should be saved to your SIM card. I have all of my contacts saved to my SIM - it came in handy one time when my phone's touch screen went out and I couldn't back up my contacts so I thought that they were lost. Turns out, I was smart and actually DID save them to my SIM card. Smiley Happy

Unfortunately I do not know how to save contacts and other files to the SIM card without actually having ahold of the phone. I don't know how to explain it without looking at the phone, but if you look in your contacts there should be an option to save your contacts to your SIM.

Cat Happy Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 Cat Happy

gshock wrote:

Thanks

Your contacts list as well as some possible pictures are definitely files that should be saved to your SIM card. I have all of my contacts saved to my SIM - it came in handy one time when my phone's touch screen went out and I couldn't back up my contacts so I thought that they were lost. Turns out, I was smart and actually DID save them to my SIM card. Smiley Happy

Unfortunately I do not know how to save contacts and other files to the SIM card without actually having ahold of the phone. I don't know how to explain it without looking at the phone, but if you look in your contacts there should be an option to save your contacts to your SIM.

:cathappy: Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 :cathappy:

Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: SIM CARDS

2 of 4 (714 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 22, 2011 4:36:31 PM
(0)
Employee
can't save pics to a SIM card. new generation cards have 64K memory, even if compatible a single picture would fill it up, generally
can't save pics to a SIM card. new generation cards have 64K memory, even if compatible a single picture would fill it up, generally
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

3 of 4 (683 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 13, 2011 9:54:11 AM
(0)
Contributor

I put all of my contacts on SIM. It is handy when switching phones. When I put it in my LG Vu Plus, and powered on, after a few moments it automatically asked if I want to import the contacts from SIM, I did, and it worked with no problem.

I put all of my contacts on SIM. It is handy when switching phones. When I put it in my LG Vu Plus, and powered on, after a few moments it automatically asked if I want to import the contacts from SIM, I did, and it worked with no problem.

4 of 4 (549 Views)