SIM CARD

Contributor

SIM CARD

I purchased a go phone sim card from At&t's website to use it in an unlocked Nokia E72. I am getting a message that states Sim Card Registration failed. I am moving my service from Cincinnati Bell and had my number ported. I thought I just had to insert the go phone sim, pay for the $50 unlimited plan and I would be set. Not so easy... am I missing a step? My Cincinnati Bell sim card works in the phone so I assume the issue is not with the Nokia E72.

 

I'm glad to have this support forum as it seems the customer support for prepaid accounts is lacking.

 

Thanks in advance.

Message 1 of 6 (613 Views)

Re: SIM CARD

Could you provide more information on your activation error?

For example:

1.  At what stage in the activation process did it fail?  (As I recall, there are three or four stages in the activation process.)

2.  What error ID did you get?  Did you Google the ID to search for others with the same problem?

3.  Have you changed market ZIP areas for this port?  That is, is your Cincinnati Bell number served by a different LATA?

I had problems of a different kind during activation.  Not that this will help you, directly, but it shows the poer of a Google search:  My smartphone is an iPhone 3G out-of-contract, and the activation would just time-out and just say "try later", forever, giving me the same error code.  After trying three times to activate without the same error, I got wise and fixed the problem easily enough after Goggle'ing for the error and its resolution.

Message 2 of 6 (604 Views)
Master

Re: SIM CARD


threetboys wrote:

I purchased a go phone sim card from At&t's website to use it in an unlocked Nokia E72. I am getting a message that states Sim Card Registration failed. I am moving my service from Cincinnati Bell and had my number ported. I thought I just had to insert the go phone sim, pay for the $50 unlimited plan and I would be set. Not so easy... am I missing a step? My Cincinnati Bell sim card works in the phone so I assume the issue is not with the Nokia E72.

 

I'm glad to have this support forum as it seems the customer support for prepaid accounts is lacking.

 

Thanks in advance.


You purchased just a SIM card from that at&t website?  (I wasn't aware you could purchase only a SIM directly from the website.)

 

If you purchased an inexpensive GoPhone package just to get the SIM and use it in your E72, the SIM may be locked to the phone it was purchased with.  If that's the case, customer service can unlock the SIM so that it can be used in a different device.

                                                                                                                         =^..^=
There must be a happy medium somewhere between being totally informed and blissfully unaware.

     - Doug Larson

Message 3 of 6 (584 Views)
Master

Re: SIM CARD

[ Edited ]
__________________________________________________________
hme83 wrote:
You purchased just a SIM card from that at&t website?  (I wasn't aware you could purchase only a SIM directly from the website.)
__________________________________________________________
Yep, SIM card only purchases have been offered for quite a while now. I know that they started earlier this year. It surprised me too at first, so don't feel left out. Smiley Happy

http://www.wireless.att.com/cell-phone-service/cell-phone-details/?device=AT%26T+SIM+Card&q_sku=sku9...

Cat Happy Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 Cat Happy



Message 4 of 6 (570 Views)
Master

Re: SIM CARD


Wild Banchi wrote:
__________________________________________________________
hme83 wrote:
You purchased just a SIM card from that at&t website?  (I wasn't aware you could purchase only a SIM directly from the website.)
__________________________________________________________
Yep, SIM card only purchases have been offered for quite a while now. I know that they started earlier this year. It surprised me too at first, so don't feel left out. Smiley Happy

http://www.wireless.att.com/cell-phone-service/cell-phone-details/?device=AT%26T+SIM+Card&q_sku=sku9...

Thanks for the update!

                                                                                                                         =^..^=
There must be a happy medium somewhere between being totally informed and blissfully unaware.

     - Doug Larson

Message 5 of 6 (561 Views)
Master

Re: SIM CARD

You're welcome! Smiley Happy

Cat Happy Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 Cat Happy



Message 6 of 6 (557 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.