Helpful Links

SIGNATURE ON DELIVERY?

Teacher

SIGNATURE ON DELIVERY?

This is the first time I've ordered something by mail from AT&T.  Does anyone know if AT&T requires a signature in order for UPS/FedEx to leave the package at the door?

My previous orders directly from Apple have always required a signature.  But they also give you a form to download, print, sign, and put on the door if you want to authorize the agent to leave the package if nobody is home.  Does AT&T do the same thing?  If so, where can I find that form?

Message 1 of 11
Scholar

Re: SIGNATURE ON DELIVERY?

Last year with my iPhone 4 they did NOT require a signature. They just left it at the front door. This year I asked the CSR when I ordered, since I would be at work, and she told me that it did NOT require a signature.

Message 2 of 11
Teacher

Good to know!  Thanks.

If anyone knows differently, please let me know.

Message 3 of 11
Professor

Generally, Apple orders are sent by FedEx and Apple requires them to get a signature. Generally ATT orders are sent by UPS and ATT doesn't require them to get a signature
Message 4 of 11
Tutor

Just talked to a rep on the phone and they said that my shipment would be NO signature required.

Message 5 of 11
Tutor

I have two packages coming to my home, one from FedEx and one from UPS.

I'm assuming both won't require a signature?  I haven't seen anything in emails or online at UPS/FedEx about requiring a signature for them.

Message 6 of 11
Mentor

My apple order is coming UPS and it says signature required....

Message 7 of 11
Scholar

dwill05 wrote:
Generally, Apple orders are sent by FedEx and Apple requires them to get a signature. Generally ATT orders are sent by UPS and ATT doesn't require them to get a signature

Is that backwards? Apple has always shipped things to me via UPS. AT&T always uses FedEx unless the recipient is an employee of another shipper).

Message 8 of 11

tilteddan13 wrote:

My apple order is coming UPS and it says signature required....

If you go to your Apple order there should be a release form you can print and leave on your door. But just remember, if you do that and it's stolen you can't hold Apple or UPS responsible.

Message 9 of 11
Contributor

I ordered two phones from AT&T. One is shipping from FedEx (black 16GB) and the other from UPS (black 32GB).

I called both UPS and FedEx this morning and they confirmed that no signature will be required.

Message 10 of 11

jdub89005 wrote:

I ordered two phones from AT&T. One is shipping from FedEx (black 16GB) and the other from UPS (black 32GB).

I called both UPS and FedEx this morning and they confirmed that no signature will be required.

It sounds pretty consistant that Apple is sending them out signature required and AT&T is not.

Personally this is why I changed my billing address to my work address and had my phone shipped here. Smiley Happy

Message 11 of 11
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Are you looking to upgrade and activate your device?

Let us help make Ordering, Upgrading and Activating easy!

Additional Support