Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Oct 12, 2011
12:20:10 PM
View profile
SIGNATURE ON DELIVERY?

This is the first time I've ordered something by mail from AT&T.  Does anyone know if AT&T requires a signature in order for UPS/FedEx to leave the package at the door?

My previous orders directly from Apple have always required a signature.  But they also give you a form to download, print, sign, and put on the door if you want to authorize the agent to leave the package if nobody is home.  Does AT&T do the same thing?  If so, where can I find that form?

This is the first time I've ordered something by mail from AT&T.  Does anyone know if AT&T requires a signature in order for UPS/FedEx to leave the package at the door?

My previous orders directly from Apple have always required a signature.  But they also give you a form to download, print, sign, and put on the door if you want to authorize the agent to leave the package if nobody is home.  Does AT&T do the same thing?  If so, where can I find that form?

SIGNATURE ON DELIVERY?

10 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(10)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 12, 2011 12:23:24 PM
(0)
Scholar

Last year with my iPhone 4 they did NOT require a signature. They just left it at the front door. This year I asked the CSR when I ordered, since I would be at work, and she told me that it did NOT require a signature.

Last year with my iPhone 4 they did NOT require a signature. They just left it at the front door. This year I asked the CSR when I ordered, since I would be at work, and she told me that it did NOT require a signature.

Re: SIGNATURE ON DELIVERY?

2 of 11 (4,731 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 12, 2011 12:31:55 PM
(0)
Teacher

Good to know!  Thanks.

If anyone knows differently, please let me know.

Good to know!  Thanks.

If anyone knows differently, please let me know.

3 of 11 (4,712 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 12, 2011 1:35:15 PM
(0)
Professor
Generally, Apple orders are sent by FedEx and Apple requires them to get a signature. Generally ATT orders are sent by UPS and ATT doesn't require them to get a signature
Generally, Apple orders are sent by FedEx and Apple requires them to get a signature. Generally ATT orders are sent by UPS and ATT doesn't require them to get a signature

4 of 11 (4,634 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 12, 2011 1:50:55 PM
(0)
Tutor

Just talked to a rep on the phone and they said that my shipment would be NO signature required.

Just talked to a rep on the phone and they said that my shipment would be NO signature required.

5 of 11 (4,610 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 13, 2011 10:23:55 AM
(0)
Tutor

I have two packages coming to my home, one from FedEx and one from UPS.

I'm assuming both won't require a signature?  I haven't seen anything in emails or online at UPS/FedEx about requiring a signature for them.

I have two packages coming to my home, one from FedEx and one from UPS.

I'm assuming both won't require a signature?  I haven't seen anything in emails or online at UPS/FedEx about requiring a signature for them.

6 of 11 (4,408 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 13, 2011 10:26:27 AM
(0)
Mentor

My apple order is coming UPS and it says signature required....

7 of 11 (4,398 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 13, 2011 10:37:31 AM
(0)
Scholar

dwill05 wrote:

Is that backwards? Apple has always shipped things to me via UPS. AT&T always uses FedEx unless the recipient is an employee of another shipper).

dwill05 wrote:

Is that backwards? Apple has always shipped things to me via UPS. AT&T always uses FedEx unless the recipient is an employee of another shipper).

8 of 11 (4,372 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 13, 2011 10:38:21 AM
(0)
Guru
Edited by brainwaver on Oct 13, 2011 at 10:40:17 AM

tilteddan13 wrote:

If you go to your Apple order there should be a release form you can print and leave on your door. But just remember, if you do that and it's stolen you can't hold Apple or UPS responsible.

tilteddan13 wrote:

If you go to your Apple order there should be a release form you can print and leave on your door. But just remember, if you do that and it's stolen you can't hold Apple or UPS responsible.

[ Edited ]
9 of 11 (4,370 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 13, 2011 12:02:46 PM
(0)
Contributor

I ordered two phones from AT&T. One is shipping from FedEx (black 16GB) and the other from UPS (black 32GB).

I called both UPS and FedEx this morning and they confirmed that no signature will be required.

I ordered two phones from AT&T. One is shipping from FedEx (black 16GB) and the other from UPS (black 32GB).

I called both UPS and FedEx this morning and they confirmed that no signature will be required.

10 of 11 (4,297 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 13, 2011 12:06:27 PM
(0)
Guru

jdub89005 wrote:

It sounds pretty consistant that Apple is sending them out signature required and AT&T is not.

Personally this is why I changed my billing address to my work address and had my phone shipped here. Smiley Happy

jdub89005 wrote:

It sounds pretty consistant that Apple is sending them out signature required and AT&T is not.

Personally this is why I changed my billing address to my work address and had my phone shipped here. Smiley Happy

11 of 11 (3,971 Views)