SIGNAL ISSUES ALL OF A SUDDEN WHERE USED TO HAVE SIGNAL

Contributor

SIGNAL ISSUES ALL OF A SUDDEN WHERE USED TO HAVE SIGNAL

I own an LG Neon gophone and have used it for over 8 or 9 months with no issues with signal.  Over Memorial Weekend; I suddenly had signal issues where I couldn't use my phone at home. The phone's signal would go from full bars to "no service"  and I couldn't use the phone.   Customer service was no help; they told me to go to the nearest AT&T store which they said was 50 minutes away, when in fact the nearest store was 6 miles away.  They switched the simm card and it made no difference at all.  There were 2 other people in the store complaining of the same issue.  One had the same phone.  I was told  that the prepaid phones don't run off the same towers as contracted people.  I left AT&T because I couldn't use the phone at all while at home where I was always able to prior to the holiday weekend.  If anyone has any input, I would appreciate it.  Thanks!

Message 1 of 4 (297 Views)
Master

Re: SIGNAL ISSUES ALL OF A SUDDEN WHERE USED TO HAVE SIGNAL

If your phone worked well for 8 or 9 months, there must have been a tower that was no longer working in your area. I'm not sure what else could have explained the mysterious service loss issue.

Cat Happy Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 Cat Happy

Message 2 of 4 (289 Views)
Contributor

I assume that's what the issue is, but don't they fix them when they go down?  The service interrruption went on for almost 2 months til I finally went with another carrier..

Message 3 of 4 (286 Views)
Highlighted
Master

If the tower issues don't get reported, AT&T probably assumes that the tower(s) is fine and it's not affecting anybody. When people start to complain, that's most likely when they start taking action to fix the tower(s).

Cat Happy Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 Cat Happy

Message 4 of 4 (279 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.