Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Aug 28, 2011
3:17:16 PM
View profile
SIDEKICK LX Work on AT&Tmobile Network

Still have the Sidekick "LX" I used back when i went with Tmo (after  my Cingular exodus).  Just received

an unlock code so to see if i can get it to work on ATTmobile network.  Will give it a go tonite

Still have the Sidekick "LX" I used back when i went with Tmo (after  my Cingular exodus).  Just received

an unlock code so to see if i can get it to work on ATTmobile network.  Will give it a go tonite

Me and My DELL Streak (TED-III)

SIDEKICK LX Work on AT&Tmobile Network

8 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(8)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 28, 2011 7:34:52 PM
(0)
Professor

I am gonna check back later.

I am gonna check back later.

Re: SIDEKICK LX Work on AT&Tmobile Network

2 of 9 (2,270 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 28, 2011 10:33:08 PM
(0)
ACE - Master
Awesome! Please let us know if it works out for you, Rico! You could have two phones on one plan. Smiley Wink Or one as a back-up.

Cat Happy Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 Cat Happy

Awesome! Please let us know if it works out for you, Rico! You could have two phones on one plan. Smiley Wink Or one as a back-up.

:cathappy: Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 :cathappy:

Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

3 of 9 (2,266 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 29, 2011 6:55:18 AM
(0)
Professor
Didnt get to it last night. will do after work today. Anxious to see this device power up on att network. But it SHALL NEVER replace or come equal to the ANDROID!
Didnt get to it last night. will do after work today. Anxious to see this device power up on att network. But it SHALL NEVER replace or come equal to the ANDROID!

4 of 9 (2,257 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 29, 2011 6:55:45 PM
(0)
Professor
I've unlocked the sidekick, inserted the sim, searched and activated att network! YAY!............... then............... I realized the sidekick didnt have texting except through aol, yahoo or microsoft messanger. Other options on the sidekick that made me yank the sim and place it back in my spare att device. but at least its there should I need it as a spare.
I've unlocked the sidekick, inserted the sim, searched and activated att network! YAY!............... then............... I realized the sidekick didnt have texting except through aol, yahoo or microsoft messanger. Other options on the sidekick that made me yank the sim and place it back in my spare att device. but at least its there should I need it as a spare.

5 of 9 (2,246 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 29, 2011 9:03:31 PM
(0)
ACE - Master
Cool! It's always good to have a back-up plan. Like Jennifer Lopez, for example. Smiley Very Happy

Cat Happy Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 Cat Happy

Cool! It's always good to have a back-up plan. Like Jennifer Lopez, for example. Smiley Very Happy

:cathappy: Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 :cathappy:

Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

6 of 9 (2,239 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 30, 2011 8:28:28 AM
(0)
Professor
Yes JL aint no phool.

The Sidekick would work great if I didnt have to use texting as much as I do on the job as well as personally. before I switched to winmo or ......waiiiiiit for iiit......."ANDROID"., I was content with using microsoft windows msgr but totally and completely restricted to contacts that were in the windows msgr only. That was a bummer buzz killer the moment I fired the Sidekick up last night.

Needless to say, I pulled the sim and laid the SideKickLX (by the way thats where t he "LX" comes from in my screenname) to rest in Cellpjome Simetery until I can find a way to install android on the sk or even settle flr winmo ln that device...THEN it will rize from the unsim-dead
Yes JL aint no phool.

The Sidekick would work great if I didnt have to use texting as much as I do on the job as well as personally. before I switched to winmo or ......waiiiiiit for iiit......."ANDROID"., I was content with using microsoft windows msgr but totally and completely restricted to contacts that were in the windows msgr only. That was a bummer buzz killer the moment I fired the Sidekick up last night.

Needless to say, I pulled the sim and laid the SideKickLX (by the way thats where t he "LX" comes from in my screenname) to rest in Cellpjome Simetery until I can find a way to install android on the sk or even settle flr winmo ln that device...THEN it will rize from the unsim-dead

7 of 9 (2,231 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 4, 2011 12:40:30 AM
(0)
Employee
Id check the message center number on the device.probably why texting isn't working.
Id check the message center number on the device.probably why texting isn't working.
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

8 of 9 (2,214 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 10, 2011 4:23:15 AM
(0)
Professor
That is a good point, JFizz DahWiz! Iwill give the Sidekick another try and change the message center number. I dont mind not having the ability to install apps or tools on the device. As long as messaging , calls and emails work ,im goood with it.

Will post results here
That is a good point, JFizz DahWiz! Iwill give the Sidekick another try and change the message center number. I dont mind not having the ability to install apps or tools on the device. As long as messaging , calls and emails work ,im goood with it.

Will post results here

9 of 9 (2,188 Views)