Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Jul 6, 2010
11:49:43 PM
View profile
SENT E-mails "rejected by the server becausde it does not allow relaying"

I transferered all settings from the Blackberry to the iphone4.  I set my e-mail accounts and all work fine as far as receiving is concerned.  However-----All sent e-mails come back with the same message that "a copy has been placed in your outbox.  The recipient was rejected by the server because it does not allow relaying".  What the heck does this mean, and how do I fix it.  The e-mails are being sent out of AOL e-mail addresses except for my one business account. 

I transferered all settings from the Blackberry to the iphone4.  I set my e-mail accounts and all work fine as far as receiving is concerned.  However-----All sent e-mails come back with the same message that "a copy has been placed in your outbox.  The recipient was rejected by the server because it does not allow relaying".  What the heck does this mean, and how do I fix it.  The e-mails are being sent out of AOL e-mail addresses except for my one business account. 

SENT E-mails "rejected by the server becausde it does not allow relaying"

3 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(3)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 8, 2010 4:18:07 AM
(0)
Contributor

I have the same message and the same problem....any solution

I have the same message and the same problem....any solution

Re: SENT E-mails "rejected by the server becausde it does not allow relaying"

2 of 4 (12,786 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 8, 2010 6:17:10 AM
(0)
Expert

each email provider requires you use their smtp server or it is considered a relay. You need to configure the email accounts to go out the correct smtp server in the email configuration page for the email account

for example on your aol account the outgoing smtp server could possibly be smtp.aol.com, if you tried to send a email from your aol address and the sending smtp server is different it is consdired an attempt at relaying and the email will be bounced back.

You need to get each email account that is defined on the blackberry setup correctly with the proper pop3 and smtp settings

each email provider requires you use their smtp server or it is considered a relay. You need to configure the email accounts to go out the correct smtp server in the email configuration page for the email account

for example on your aol account the outgoing smtp server could possibly be smtp.aol.com, if you tried to send a email from your aol address and the sending smtp server is different it is consdired an attempt at relaying and the email will be bounced back.

You need to get each email account that is defined on the blackberry setup correctly with the proper pop3 and smtp settings

3 of 4 (12,779 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 30, 2012 5:18:39 AM
(0)
Contributor

you make sure that you entered all the info needed, i found this article:

http://appletoolbox.com/2012/01/server-does-not-allow-relaying-email-error-fix/

that says: "go Settings > Mail, Contacts, Calendars > Accounts >Account Info > SMPT> turn off primary server, turn on other (e.g. AT&T) SMTP server."

you make sure that you entered all the info needed, i found this article:

http://appletoolbox.com/2012/01/server-does-not-allow-relaying-email-error-fix/

that says: "go Settings > Mail, Contacts, Calendars > Accounts >Account Info > SMPT> turn off primary server, turn on other (e.g. AT&T) SMTP server."

4 of 4 (4,105 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments