SE Aino

Highlighted

SE Aino

This phone looks great, I would love to eventually upgrade to it...however, it, obviously, isn't currently available through AT&T.  Anyone know if it might be coming?

Message 1 of 6 (2,566 Views)
Teacher

Re: SE Aino

i picked this up thru a website. and its pretty freakin sweet! i have made a small post on the forums here.

as for if this is coming to ATT...not sure.

i do have the u10a so it has 3g here and in europe. the phone started in spanish, but you are able to change to english once it starts.

Message 2 of 6 (2,534 Views)
Scholar

I picked up one of these back in Feb. Was told by salesperson that op system was S60, but indeed it is A3. A few observations as follows:

Pros:

1. Processor is faster; heap memory improved (has only crashed once).

2. Internet speeds are drastically improved. Testing on AT&T has shown as high as 3mb download/800k upload (averages 1mb/650k respectively). Streaming and podcasting very quick.

3. Ability to switch from 3G/GPRS to either/or.

4. Built-in "F-Secure Antivirus" (30-day trial) will identify potential virus and trojan activity during download (mistakenly identifies FPC Benchmark app as a threat).

5. Comes w/MH100 stereo Bluetooth (Walkman 3.0; 6-band EQ drastic sound quality improvement over predecessor, however volume peak is still too low).

6. In latest firmware, contact picture will show as small icon in list, along w/ the usual picture notification.

7. Conversational funtionality as well as general SMS.

Cons:

1. Remote PSP play often hangs.

2. Videos cannot be used as ringtones (as on K850).

3. Antenna is in bottom of unit, often resulting in dropped or non-received calls.

4. YouTube is a dedicated app, therefore video streaming cannot be downloaded/accessed directly through OperaMini (unknown if this is due to Opera 5.0 build or port block).

5. Battery drain intensified while on 3G/H. 6 hours max under consistant usage.

6. OTA firmware update disabled in "a" version.

7. All SE software is in phone rather than on a CD, taking up memory.

Overall, IMHO, still the best dumbphone on the market.

Message 3 of 6 (2,300 Views)
Contributor

[ Edited ]

Hi, I  plan on buying this phone by the end of december.

It looks amazing and right now its cheaper than the w995.

Since you have the phone I was wondering if you have recevied any text messages from att saying

you need a data plan of some kind when you don't have one?

since they started the imei sweeps and that the vivaz has a data plan requirement.

I know att has never had the aino but some phones they still tag with a data plan

Message 4 of 6 (1,583 Views)
Master

Hotsuye wrote:

Hi, I  plan on buying this phone by the end of december.

It looks amazing and right now its cheaper than the w995.

Since you have the phone I was wondering if you have recevied any text messages from att saying

you need a data plan of some kind when you don't have one?

since they started the imei sweeps and that the vivaz has a data plan requirement.

I know att has never had the aino but some phones they still tag with a data plan

You shouldn't have any issues with at&t adding an unwanted feature plan to the Aino.  It is not a smartphone (it's not S60, like the Vivaz) and the SE site doesn't indicate it has an on-screen QWERTY.  In fact, GSMarena says it has limited touchscreen functionality, so it should not require a data/messaging plan combo either.

=^..^=
There must be a happy medium somewhere between being totally informed and blissfully unaware.

- Doug Larson

Message 5 of 6 (1,551 Views)
Teacher

you dont have to have a data plan. just have to turn on the wifi.
the touch aspect of the touch screen stopped working on my phone, and i am out of warranty. oh well. great phone tho! great photos too!
Message 6 of 6 (618 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.