Helpful Links

SE Aino

Highlighted

SE Aino

This phone looks great, I would love to eventually upgrade to it...however, it, obviously, isn't currently available through AT&T.  Anyone know if it might be coming?

Message 1 of 6
Teacher

Re: SE Aino

i picked this up thru a website. and its pretty freakin sweet! i have made a small post on the forums here.

as for if this is coming to ATT...not sure.

i do have the u10a so it has 3g here and in europe. the phone started in spanish, but you are able to change to english once it starts.

Message 2 of 6
Scholar

I picked up one of these back in Feb. Was told by salesperson that op system was S60, but indeed it is A3. A few observations as follows:

Pros:

1. Processor is faster; heap memory improved (has only crashed once).

2. Internet speeds are drastically improved. Testing on AT&T has shown as high as 3mb download/800k upload (averages 1mb/650k respectively). Streaming and podcasting very quick.

3. Ability to switch from 3G/GPRS to either/or.

4. Built-in "F-Secure Antivirus" (30-day trial) will identify potential virus and trojan activity during download (mistakenly identifies FPC Benchmark app as a threat).

5. Comes w/MH100 stereo Bluetooth (Walkman 3.0; 6-band EQ drastic sound quality improvement over predecessor, however volume peak is still too low).

6. In latest firmware, contact picture will show as small icon in list, along w/ the usual picture notification.

7. Conversational funtionality as well as general SMS.

Cons:

1. Remote PSP play often hangs.

2. Videos cannot be used as ringtones (as on K850).

3. Antenna is in bottom of unit, often resulting in dropped or non-received calls.

4. YouTube is a dedicated app, therefore video streaming cannot be downloaded/accessed directly through OperaMini (unknown if this is due to Opera 5.0 build or port block).

5. Battery drain intensified while on 3G/H. 6 hours max under consistant usage.

6. OTA firmware update disabled in "a" version.

7. All SE software is in phone rather than on a CD, taking up memory.

Overall, IMHO, still the best dumbphone on the market.

Message 3 of 6
Contributor

Hi, I  plan on buying this phone by the end of december.

It looks amazing and right now its cheaper than the w995.

Since you have the phone I was wondering if you have recevied any text messages from att saying

you need a data plan of some kind when you don't have one?

since they started the imei sweeps and that the vivaz has a data plan requirement.

I know att has never had the aino but some phones they still tag with a data plan

Message 4 of 6
Master

Hotsuye wrote:

Hi, I  plan on buying this phone by the end of december.

It looks amazing and right now its cheaper than the w995.

Since you have the phone I was wondering if you have recevied any text messages from att saying

you need a data plan of some kind when you don't have one?

since they started the imei sweeps and that the vivaz has a data plan requirement.

I know att has never had the aino but some phones they still tag with a data plan

You shouldn't have any issues with at&t adding an unwanted feature plan to the Aino.  It is not a smartphone (it's not S60, like the Vivaz) and the SE site doesn't indicate it has an on-screen QWERTY.  In fact, GSMarena says it has limited touchscreen functionality, so it should not require a data/messaging plan combo either.

=^..^=
There must be a happy medium somewhere between being totally informed and blissfully unaware.

- Doug Larson

Message 5 of 6
Teacher

you dont have to have a data plan. just have to turn on the wifi.
the touch aspect of the touch screen stopped working on my phone, and i am out of warranty. oh well. great phone tho! great photos too!
Message 6 of 6
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Are you looking to upgrade and activate your device?

Let us help make Ordering, Upgrading and Activating easy!

Additional Support