Helpful Links

SAMSUNG INFUSE WARENTY ISSUE AND BAD CUSTOMER CARE

Contributor

SAMSUNG INFUSE WARENTY ISSUE AND BAD CUSTOMER CARE

HI,

I UPGRADED MY SERVICE WITH THE SAMSUNG INFUSE PHONE 5 MONTHS BACK AND NOW I HAVE SOME ISSUE WITH FREEZING OF THE PHONE WITH SOME RENDOM VIBRATION, SHUTTING DOWN THE PHONE AUTOMATICALLY AND RESTARTING THE PHONE IT SELF. I HAVE ISSUE WITH THE BATTERY ALSO. I HAVE BEEN CALLING CUSTOMER CARE MANY TIMES AND THEY ASKED ME TO DO THE SAME TROUBLESHOUTING STEPS TO FOLLOW AGAIN AND AGAIN. I HAD TO CALL THEM AGAIN AND AGAIN AS THERE STEPS ARE NOT POSSIBLE TO FINISH AT ONE CALL AS THEY WANTED ME TO WAIT AND WATCH TO MAKE SURE I HAVE SAME ISSUE AGAIN OR NOT. AFTER LOT OF PATIENCE, I WAS TOLD THAT THEY ARE GOING TO SEND ME THE SAME MAKE AND MODEL PHONE TO REPLACE THE EXISTING ONE. MEANTIME I HAVE GONE THROUGH LOT OF REVIEWS ABOUT THE PHONE AND SAW THAT THERE ARE MANY PEOPLE WHO IS FACING THE SAME ISSUES. SO IT WAS NOT MY PHONE ONLY, BUT IT WAS PHONE MODEL ITSELF HAVING THE PROBLEM. I REQUESTED CUSTOMER CARE TO GIVE ME A DIFFERENT PHONE THAN SAMSUNG. MY EXPERIENCE WITH CUSTOMER CARE WAS NEVER SO BAD BEFORE.... I HAVE BEEN KEPT ON HOLD FOR ALMOST 2 HRS ALTOGATHER BY 2 3 REPS. I TALKED TO THE MAIN REP, HIS SENIOR AND MANAGER TOO. AND THATS NOT THE ONLY TIME, I HAD  TO CALL TOO MANY TIMES. I WAS SO FRUSTRATED THAT MY PROBLEM WITH THE PHONE WAS KEPT ON SIDE AND I HAD TO FIGHT WITH THEM DUE TO THE RESPONCE I WAS GETTING FROM THEM. AFTER LOTS OF ARGUMENT I WAS TOLD TO GET A NEW PHONE FREE OF CHARGE BUT WITH ANOTHER UPGRADATION AND I WAS GIVEN THAT OFFER EVEN AFTER CALL CUSTOMER CARE AGAIN LATER ON. BUT THE MANAGE DIDNT PUT THE NOTE ON THE A/C AND I HAVE NO OFFER THAT IT WAS GIVEN BEFORE. THEY ARE NOT EVEN READY TO FIND THE PERSON WHO GAME ME THAT OFFER, EVEN THOUGH I GAVE HIM HIS NAME AND REP ID.

Message 1 of 5
Mentor

Re: SAMSUNG INFUSE WARENTY ISSUE AND BAD CUSTOMER CARE

Have a infuse,  had a issue similer to you. got a replacement "infuse" and have had  no isues!

every phone out there has a bad batch "seems a lot with infuse"  how ever try the replacement first !

i also like you, did it all even factory reset! < that was a drag>  as far as customer service while a LOT of people have a bad day with them i had a great time.  its a mind set as soon as you or any one understands that they get more grief from people that have a bad phone / we fubared it. If you joke around with them give them a convo they can have fun with you would be amazed at how they "make things happen" However a different phone model i doubt is going to happen "btw ive had phone bout as long as you"

while it took me o say an hr on phone and ooo yea called samsung to, i recieved the replacment.

good luck hope it works out for you !

Message 2 of 5
Teacher

Luckily I've had no problems with my Infuse now ATT is another issue. Don't look for any software upgrades ATT isn't interested in that type of support just your money and signature on a contract.

Message 3 of 5
Contributor

If customer care and warranty exchange are not willing to help you, then you can call AT&T office of the president, which is 15 tiers above customer care and warranty exchange and they can help you.
Message 4 of 5
Mentor

Ok, phone vib shuts down reboots! = = bad app ! or interuppeted app!!!

bad batt. could be a number of different things!  1, a bad battery! = replace Smiley Sad

2, over charge, do not charge smartphones at 100% once it hits that a little known safety feature kicks in on ALL battery operated devices, exspecially lith ion, a battery will charge up to 100% then after 1 hr will discharge in order to keep batt from overheating
"sounds stupid" this will happen till it gets to 10%, then it starts to charge again, yes "wierd"  now the ODD part no matter the charge it will show 100% even if at 30% !!! hence you make a call and phone appears dead!!!!!

the shutting down is bad apps plain and simple! it happens!

"

Cellphones actually lie to you about two things -- battery life and bars. When it comes to battery life, phones often lie to you, like the government, for your own good.

The main issue is that most cellphone batteries are never kept at "100 percent" charge, because being at 100 percent charge can do long-term damage to the battery. Instead, phones are made to charge up to 100 percent, and then let the battery drain up to 10 percen..., and it will "rest" in that state until you take it off the charger.

The phone will say 100 percent when you remove it from the charger, because if it didn't, you'd go, "I left this phone on the charger all night, why didn't it reach 100 percent yet?" and complain to customer service about the phone or the charger being broken. So it reads 100 percent at first to keep you happy, and then, in the interests of truth, the phone will quietly pretend the battery is draining over the next few minutes until it reaches 95 percent or whatever charge the phone is really at. It appeases both your expectation to see 100 percent when you take it off the charger, and your need to see an accurate battery reading as soon as possible.

The only side effect might be you getting annoyed that your phone "drains really fast" after you take it off the charger, but not a lot of people go to the returns desk for that.

Message 5 of 5
Share this topic
Announcements

Is the iPhone X worth it? Find out why it totally is!

Find out how to track your iPhone's delivery!

Let us help you Give the Gift of AT&T Wireless this holiday season!

Additional Support