Helpful Links

SAMSUNG GALAXY S II LTE 11/06 !!!!

Scholar

SAMSUNG GALAXY S II LTE 11/06 !!!!

Message 1 of 50
Expert

Re: SAMSUNG GALAXY S II LTE 11/06 !!!!

Evandela wrote:
If NY is one of those LTE cities planned of those lucky 15, I will be the first one in line for one of those LTE phones! Smiley Tongue

New York is not one of the new markets coming online - best that is said there ia "real soon". They state a total of 15 markets by the end of 2011, sill be interesting to see if they can get the other 8 working by the end of the year as stated. Of the new ones coming up, one of them - washington DC is listed, DC has had LTE for while already, so it appears ot be just a expansion there and not a "new market"

Message 46 of 50
ACE - Professor

Oh I know that Wing. Smiley Happy Thats why I mentioned "If" Smiley Wink. Indeed, with the 4 new additions today, there is 6 more cities where LTE can be deployed to reach the goal of 15 at the end of 2011. I just hope NY is one of them but I guess we'll find out in due time. Smiley Happy
~Sunshine Smiley Happy
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 47 of 50
Master

DC is certainly not on the first 5 cities AT&T stated to have LTE before. So it is a new market.
Message 48 of 50

I am happy with my GS2.  I don't really care about LTE.  Download speeds with HSPA+ are about 10 times faster than on my PC.  Maybe in a couple of years, when they get all of the bugs out of LTE phones, I will get one.  I have read a lot of posts about people having problems with their LTE phones on Verizon.

Message 49 of 50
Highlighted

I happened into my AT&T store on the 30th day with my GSII, and I had to make a same day decision.  

My GSII had been working great.  More battery power than I needed.  I was flaunting it to my iPhone friends. 

But in-store 4g speeds of the Skyrocket in D.C. blew me away.  They were consistently around 24 mps.  I had never seen that before.  And I was interested in the slightly bigger screen as well.  So I switched.

I'm not flaunting my battery any more.  The 4g does eat up battery.  I've started to turn off 4g when I have WIFI, which is a lot of my day.  With 4g off, there is no battery issue.  I'm very disappointed that I can't switch down to HSPA and switch up to 4g on demand.  All I can do is have 4g data on or off.  

And the vaunted 4g doesn't consistently work with data.  When it works, it's beautiful.  Sometimes (too often) it hangs on websites. 

Minor issue:  Hulu Plus doesn't run yet on Skyrocket.  It ran beautifully on GSII.

So I'm not sure if I'll keep the Skyrocket or go back.  I'm hoping that the 4g network will stabilize and work consistently across websites here in D.C. soon.  Then it will just be a question of battery control.

That's my early view of it.  RM

Message 50 of 50
Share this topic
Announcements

Find out how to track your iPhone's delivery!

Have questions about International Plans? Get the answers on Wed. 10/25 at Hello World: International Plans, from 1-4pm ET / 10am-1pm PT!

Let us help you upgrade and activate your device!

Additional Support