SAMSUNG CAPTIVATE ATTACHMENTS TEXT MESSAGE PROBLEMS

Highlighted
Contributor

SAMSUNG CAPTIVATE ATTACHMENTS TEXT MESSAGE PROBLEMS

Are anyone else having the same problem i am having when trying to send and receive attachements on the Captivate phone.........when trying to send attachments via text messaging the messages shows sending BUT IT NEVER GOES / WHEN TRYING TO RECEIVE FROM ANOTHER PHONE THE PHONE SHOWS DOWNLOADING BUT IT NEVER OPENS UP.  I have messages i was trying to send still showing SENDING / I also have messages that  I should have received still showing DOWNLOADING........These messages are from few days ago or even weeks ago.  What I have been trying to send and receive are Pics. 

If some one can help I will truly appreciate it.  I have done everything possible that AT&T  and Samsung suggested to get it to work but nothing have worked.  NEED HELP...............Thx 

Message 1 of 10 (2,978 Views)
Expert

Re: SAMSUNG CAPTIVATE ATTACHMENTS TEXT MESSAGE PROBLEMS

by any long chance is there a data block on the line? Might want to have ATT verify that

Message 2 of 10 (2,977 Views)
Master

Also make sure your mobile data network is turned on and active. Usually with the wifi connection off.
Probably from mobile, maybe. Smiley Happy
Message 3 of 10 (2,956 Views)
Contributor

the wi-fi is on and i checked with AT&T  there is no block on media data............it's a phone issue.  Can receive when put sim card in another phone.  Not sure why don't work with Captivate........ 

Message 4 of 10 (2,950 Views)
Expert

try doing a hard reset onthe phone, should be documented in the manual

Message 5 of 10 (2,941 Views)
Contributor

i did the hard reset to one of the two phones i am having issue with and that did not work.............i just lost all my apps that, I will now have to add back on the phone........awaiting next suggestion...:-) 

Message 6 of 10 (2,934 Views)
Master

[ Edited ]
I have this "issue" with mine, but it doesn't bother me too much. I will try to send picture messages and I check back on them minutes later to see of they were sent, and it still shows "Sending". That's because of the poor signal I'm getting, though. Not too big of a deal, just have to find a better 3G coverage area...

The messages that contain no picture that say "Downloading" never download, either. This usually happens when my phone has no money left in my prepaid account and my messaging package has expired...but I'm using mine as a GoPhone. I mean sure, it would be nice to view the picture(s) people have sent me, but I just end up deleting them anyway because there is no possible way to look at them.

Cat Happy Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 Cat Happy

Message 7 of 10 (2,927 Views)
Scholar

The data part of text messages like attachments and pictures, etc. only use the ATT data network (3G or whatever) to send/receive. They will not send/receive over Wifi. So the first thing I would check when trying to send one, is make sure the 3G is on first and working. I also went into my options on the phone and told it not to automatically download multimedia messages. So when one comes in, I see a notification text message with a button that lets me download it when I want to (i.e. after I turn on 3G and make sure it works.)
Message 8 of 10 (2,907 Views)
Scholar

Meant to add, make sure wifi is off just in case that being on interferes with the 3G (I can't remember if it will try to use wifi first if both are on and mess it up or not)
Message 9 of 10 (2,906 Views)
Teacher

I noticed if the number you are sending the pic to is formatted 314-555-1234, it will work. and if its (314)555-1234 will not work.  try changing the number and taking the "1" is not in front of the number. 

Message 10 of 10 (2,840 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.